• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got me an M750 :D

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Frodo,

That is a nice score......make a good hooch for a rally.
Timtrucks just recovered one using a gooseneck trailer and his big Ford dually...they weigh between 12 and 15 thousand pounds so you need a trailer rated for the weight and with good 12 ply or better tires.
Another option would be to find a "Good ole boy" logger and hire him and his tractor to bring it in for ya. He might consider it a good enough challenge that he wouldn't charge much.
Good luck..we'll expect to see it at the next LA rally.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes a good trailer and some great GL help will get it loaded but it will take a forklift to unload it.. beleive me..... go for a tractor on any kind, shape, color, size,,,, get the message. !!!:-D

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frodo, better not plan on too much GL help up at Camp B. The GL girls at Polk run that site, but they don't go there for loadouts. They let the LANG guys do it. They have a BFFL, but I don't think it can pick up this trailer and set it on a gooseneck. I think it is a 10K. Good luck. When I got my 750 up at Ft Hood, I pulled it all the way home and I remember it feeling quite heavy for an empty trailer. This was behind a deuce tractor.

I think a dolly would be nice to have. I have not seen any selling locally for a while, but I will keep my eyes open. It would work pretty good behind the M813. I wonder what the weight is on the 5th wheel, on your trailer, with no load. I have a 2 1/2 ton utility trailer that may make a good dolly.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are heavy SOBs. My former M447C was drug home from Baxley GA with my deuce tractor. I was able to get it to 55MPH but it took miles. My 447 was about the same but had a gen repair shop set in it. Benches on both sides and 5 heavy arse load banks on the nose. Comparing it to other items I've towed I's say it went 21,000#

frodobaggins

Frodo, better not plan on too much GL help up at Camp B. The GL girls at Polk run that site, but they don't go there for loadouts. They let the LANG guys do it. They have a BFFL, but I don't think it can pick up this trailer and set it on a gooseneck. I think it is a 10K. Good luck. When I got my 750 up at Ft Hood, I pulled it all the way home and I remember it feeling quite heavy for an empty trailer. This was behind a deuce tractor.
I used to be posted there. I may have a few friends left there if I look hard enough.

Hopefully I can find someone with a tractor.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the dolly would be the best for sure... just a though be maybe you could just get it out to your dads place... this winter ill have the 818 up and running

m.walker

They are nice trailers ! You posted the pics of mine . You can lose a lot of weight out of them when you pull the shelves ( HEAVY !!!) What are your plans ? Hey maccus show some pics of what you did , I'm considering making a step deck out of mine .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks