• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my 5-ton on Ebay! Check it out!

lacoda56

I'm sure you hate to see it go, but a HEMMT will go a long way toward filling the empty spot left behind. Judging from your past efforts, I can't wait to see how the new project turns out. Good luck and keep posting pictures!

Ron

OSO

I saw this truck for myself ,and who ever picks up this will not be disappointed!! :drool: This 5-ton has a lot of work in it , for not really having a shop quite a lot stuff was done. I saw his HEMMT last week , should swing by and check out the progress , with dma251 last posts on his HEMMT. [thumbzup] Will try to get by.

dma251

He made the payment within minuted of the end of the auction. It's a little less then I hoped for, but I think its a fair price. I'm mainly just happy that I can move on to focus on my HEMTT now, and I've got some money in my pocket to do so.

I guess I have to buckle down and get started now ;)

BigJay

I looked at that auction 15 times... if it was 2 months from now I would have bid on it.. just bad timing. It's a great lookin truck, I love the mods you've done. Really can't wait to see what you come up with for the HEMTT.

You going to go the "resto-mod" route on the HEMTT too? Or try to build it up stock?

-Jay

dma251

The HEMTT is pretty nice stock, but I'm not opposed to making some improvements alon g the way. I think I'm going to return it to a like-new condition first, and then I'll make some improvements along the way. I think it could definitely use a winch on the front. The stock HEMTT winch location is midships near the battery box, with the cable running through guides up to the front. I may try to go that route, or I might try something different. I guess I've already made one change from stock - when I ordered my glass, I ordered the two rear cab windows with 35% tint INSIDE the glass. All the windows I am having cutr are double pane laminated safety glass, and thay have it with tinted vinyl lining, or with regular green tint. It didn't cost any more, and I figured that would be nice not having the sun on your neck. It's a start. I am having a 40' x 14' RV garage built before I really get too serious about stripping/painting/etc.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Boy, that was a beaut of a 813! Good thing you have that HEMTT or you would be really truck-sick! ;) I think those 16.00 tires would tough on my 923 too. Hmmm. Dang tire envy!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
glad you were able to part with it, i know it was a hard choice for you, but you will overcome it with the hemmit. that will be a head turner that even your wife will love Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks