• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my 5-ton on Ebay! Check it out!

lacoda56

I'm sure you hate to see it go, but a HEMMT will go a long way toward filling the empty spot left behind. Judging from your past efforts, I can't wait to see how the new project turns out. Good luck and keep posting pictures!

Ron

OSO

I saw this truck for myself ,and who ever picks up this will not be disappointed!! :drool: This 5-ton has a lot of work in it , for not really having a shop quite a lot stuff was done. I saw his HEMMT last week , should swing by and check out the progress , with dma251 last posts on his HEMMT. [thumbzup] Will try to get by.

dma251

He made the payment within minuted of the end of the auction. It's a little less then I hoped for, but I think its a fair price. I'm mainly just happy that I can move on to focus on my HEMTT now, and I've got some money in my pocket to do so.

I guess I have to buckle down and get started now ;)

BigJay

I looked at that auction 15 times... if it was 2 months from now I would have bid on it.. just bad timing. It's a great lookin truck, I love the mods you've done. Really can't wait to see what you come up with for the HEMTT.

You going to go the "resto-mod" route on the HEMTT too? Or try to build it up stock?

-Jay

dma251

The HEMTT is pretty nice stock, but I'm not opposed to making some improvements alon g the way. I think I'm going to return it to a like-new condition first, and then I'll make some improvements along the way. I think it could definitely use a winch on the front. The stock HEMTT winch location is midships near the battery box, with the cable running through guides up to the front. I may try to go that route, or I might try something different. I guess I've already made one change from stock - when I ordered my glass, I ordered the two rear cab windows with 35% tint INSIDE the glass. All the windows I am having cutr are double pane laminated safety glass, and thay have it with tinted vinyl lining, or with regular green tint. It didn't cost any more, and I figured that would be nice not having the sun on your neck. It's a start. I am having a 40' x 14' RV garage built before I really get too serious about stripping/painting/etc.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Boy, that was a beaut of a 813! Good thing you have that HEMTT or you would be really truck-sick! ;) I think those 16.00 tires would tough on my 923 too. Hmmm. Dang tire envy!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
glad you were able to part with it, i know it was a hard choice for you, but you will overcome it with the hemmit. that will be a head turner that even your wife will love Tim