• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got My First Deuce!!!

Dardar

I just bought my m35a2 on 1/5/2015 (Happy Birthday to me). I also have plastic wipers with the pass. side not working. Do they come apart??? At all? I saw some said they are not rebuildable in this thread.

Jeepsinker

If it isn't working and the red reset button has no effect, or sticks in, they are good as junk. You MAY be able to mess with it and make it work but they don't ever stay working for long if you do get them to work. Better off just replacing them.

ProgDrummer79

Congrats on the new ride!!! Unless there is a quick fix for the wipers, I would just as soon replace them. People have been messing with my truck for over 40 years, but if I start putting some new parts on this truck, at least I'll have the peace of mind of knowing what has been replaced in this century. Now I just need the weather to change a bit so I can go for a nice long ride!!!

Dardar

So it comes apart. the valve in the end cap on mine was sticky.
Blew bit back & forth a few times with the air compressor through the ports & worked it some more with the red button & air.
Back together & works fine.

XchaosX

I feel the same way. Sure it's easy enough just to go buy a new part. I hate wasting a part if it's something I can tinker with and fix easily enough.

Jeepsinker

I wish you guys the best of luck with them, honestly. But I will say once again that they won't continue to function properly for long. If you shop around new metal motors can be had for as low as $80, or you can buy some used ones and replace the o- rings in them, if they even need it. Plenty of our other members here have extra metal motors laying around that I'm sure they would sell for a reasonable price.

rustystud

Get the metal ones. They are rebuild able according to the TM's. The plastic ones are not. I have successfully rebuilt 6 metal ones. No long term success on the plastic ones.

tco3129

I run NDT's on mine year round. No they are not the greatest tire in the world by far. I personally like the original look. I don't run mine till they are slick and when the roads turn white the chains go on. 25mph max with chains but I'm too old to get in a hurry.

Jeepsinker

They were never factory OR optional equipment for military use on the deuce. Installation can be done a bunch of different ways, pretty much do it as you see fit (safely).

Dardar

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="border:0px" src="https://books.google.com/books?id=UwwYAAAAYAAJ&dq=m44a2%20lds-465&pg=SA3-PA203&output=embed" width=500 height=500></iframe>

if this worked, the above has directions about mixing alt. fuels in duel tank equiped vehicles

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks