• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my first thumbs up yesterday,,,

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the best part of owning these trucks. You do evoke memories in a lot in a lot of folks out there. If I only bring back one good memory in one old vet, then my mission is complete.

The one I remember most...Memorial Day weekend last year on Saturday, my boy and I are headed home from Flag Placement at Los Angeles National Cemetery. We are headed south on Westwood Bl. in West Los Angeles. I see this guy doing yard work off to my right. When he realizes what the sound was coming down the street and immediately drops what he was doing, snapped to attention and rendered a hand salute. I returned the salute and sounded the horn in passing. It was really a great experience.

I don't concern myself with the "haters". My policy...kill 'em with kindness. Works every time.

gunboy1656

Since you mentioned parades, my wife was getting tired of taking the kids to the local parades. Never understood what I got from doing them.

UNTIL last Veterans Day, things just happen to work out and my wife step son and son all got to ride in the truck. She got to see al the smiles, waves, thumbs ups, and salutes we get. She said "Now I know why you enjoy these so much"

Same thing with car shows, she finds them boring. But then you get that one or 2 vets who love to tell their stories and it makes it all worth while.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's face it, we are all....

EXHIBITIONISTS

....with our Green "THINGS" anywaze.​

:shock:rofl:doh:

[thumbzup] . :jumpin: . :driver:
This from a CHAPLAIN - must be true then!
Yup! Like ol' George Washington - I cannot tell a lie.

And yes.... Chaplains are mere human beings as well and, in God's Image, we have a sense of humor too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks