• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my new Redneckmaster 5 inch exhaust..

acesneights1

rofl
Ok, I know it's a hack job. I am putting a turbo on so I don;'t want to spend money fixing the duals and they fell off behind the cab. Cab forward they are still good and i had a 5 inch pipe from a Class 8 so I ob longed it and slid it over and welded it up. Total cost about 15$ for the bends. No leaks and it sounds fat with no muffler. It will due until the turbo then I will do it right...I used a rosebud to heat it and conform it to the stacked 2 1/2inch pipes.

Attachments

BlizzardX23

****...those welds are ugly...

Just kidding...lol...looks fine! I need to learn how to weld =/ Its going to be essential in my upcoming projects..

Glad the pipes line up and everything fits...post more pics :) and good job so far [thumbzup]

jimmy-90

LOL did you forget to turn the shielding gas on? Anyhow that is one way to get your pipes around all the bracketing for the e-brakes.

acesneights1

LOL did you forget to turn the shielding gas on? Anyhow that is one way to get your pipes around all the bracketing for the e-brakes.
rofl
Sort of, I ran out half way through and didn't realize it, I thought it was just that i didn't clean it enough. It don't leak and It's good enough. The underside looks better...[thumbzup]

acesneights1

Holly ****ty welds batman but it will get it done.

OT aren't you Ace on thetruckstop?
Not anymore. I resigned due to the bias towards me and some others after I spoke out against a certain vendor over there and the influence they have on the site. I am on here and DP. I will not return.

Last edited:

acesneights1

****...those welds are ugly...

Just kidding...lol...looks fine! I need to learn how to weld =/ Its going to be essential in my upcoming projects..

Glad the pipes line up and everything fits...post more pics :) and good job so far [thumbzup]
Yeah I know..maybe I should have brazed that too....I honestly did run out of gas and it was raining so I hacked it. It only has to last a few months till I get sme money to rebuild the 4911 IP i have. Everything else for my turbo swap is ready. Just wanna get the new IP freshened up and a 4911 is about 600$ for a reman.

BlizzardX23

Yeah I know..maybe I should have brazed that too....I honestly did run out of gas and it was raining so I hacked it. It only has to last a few months till I get sme money to rebuild the 4911 IP i have. Everything else for my turbo swap is ready. Just wanna get the new IP freshened up and a 4911 is about 600$ for a reman.

I was just messin with ya...well...they aren't pretty...but they are 100x better than I could do! :) I'm just amazed at some of the weld jobs I've seen people do...they can make it look like art almost lol...but like you said, as long as it works! :) If I tried, it probly wouldnt even stick together rofl

Ridgerunner

Scary welds!
Scary welds? what ever....

The welds are on his exhaust y-pipe, not anything structural that could fail, causing injury or death. All exhust shops (drive in, drive out 1 hour type) employ some of the worst weldors I have ever seen. His welds are no worse that any of them shops that people actually pay for.

Zero_cool

All exhust shops (drive in, drive out 1 hour type) employ some of the worst weldors I have ever seen.

Agreed I had my local muffler shop replace my whole exhaust system. Charged me $350.00 the welds were so bad, he left about a 3 inch booger hanging down.
Ended up cleaning off all his welds and rewelding them my-self.:evil:

Not trying to give ace any crap I was just saying

Last edited:

acesneights1

No offense taken at all, Like I said in the first post, I know it's a hack job and I did run out of shielding gas plus I did not clean the pipes enough. It's a temp job and I rushed it. I can weld good when there is a reason to. Check out my plow thread...
I'm old school anyway, I'll be the first to admit I can braze better than I can mig...
The welder is a 140c. It's a continuous not tapped so it dials in nicely when needed.

Cucvnut

Scary welds? what ever....

The welds are on his exhaust y-pipe, not anything structural that could fail, causing injury or death. All exhust shops (drive in, drive out 1 hour type) employ some of the worst weldors I have ever seen. His welds are no worse that any of them shops that people actually pay for.

sorry where I come from and who taught me how to weld they just look bad to me. thanks for your criticism have a nice day [thumbzup]

BlizzardX23

GUYS...chill out and stop talking about the welds...we had some harmless jokes...its over...lets get back on topic...the EXHAUST....****,

So...aces...you run the truck yet? have you noticed any differences? sound?

rnd-motorsports

If it works! then that is what matters! :driver: You may be surprised had a roundy round car I ran for years 1/4 mile track two into one like your set up, sounded and even performed better then the duals! :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks