• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got screwed on an m939.... crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeing as how the truck says City of Phoenix Police on it, they probably got it prior to the ABS/radial tire upgrade. (1999?)

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My cents worth (Euro); Get the rad repaired, as they replace the core with new and only the top and bottom tanks remain. I speak as one of those who would be out with the grips and blank off the offending tubes....crimp and bend.
Reminds me of when I was young and broke. I fixed a number of radiators by crimping and soldering, even breaking out heavily damaged sections of the channels and folding over and soldering. The key is to get it clean enough and use flux to get the solder to flow out. I went looking for a picture and found a fun post on radiator repairs. Searching "pliers to break the water channels" should return one hit. I don't know that I would do this sort of thing as a permanent repair on a 5-ton to be driven on the road, but it might be good enough to seal it up while you sort out other issues and prove the truck out. Hang in there, this does not seem like that bad of a situation...

azM35a2

sorry for the delay, house hunting coupled with the heat and wife and 4 daughters.... ANYWAYS, took a few pics the other day, but i was being rushed by the above. i'll get one of the ac interior and top side when i'm there again. probably be a month or 2 before things settle down and i can really get around to messing with much, house repairs will come first...good news is we found a house and are in escrow. bad news is i paid the same amount for 1/2 the house in north phx vs what i could have gotten in south phoenix, but at least my daughter will get a quality education.

5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Csm Davis

sorry for the delay, house hunting coupled with the heat and wife and 4 daughters.... ANYWAYS, took a few pics the other day, but i was being rushed by the above. i'll get one of the ac interior and top side when i'm there again. probably be a month or 2 before things settle down and i can really get around to messing with much, house repairs will come first...good news is we found a house and are in escrow. bad news is i paid the same amount for 1/2 the house in north phx vs what i could have gotten in south phoenix, but at least my daughter will get a quality education.

View attachment 502517View attachment 502516View attachment 502515View attachment 502514View attachment 502513
Sounds like you got screwed on the house also. :eek:

azM35a2

no i got a good deal, just could have gotten so much more if the kid's schools weren't a factor. i would rather have less house and have my kids actually speak fluent English (that forgotten language the minority speak now?)

azM35a2

well, the local guy on here that was going to sell me a radiator decided to change his mind and keep it. and then the next day the person i rent my storage yard from informed me that it was sold and i have 30 days to clear all my stuff out. so, this (and nearly everything else) has found it's way to craigslist, while i look for another yard. the 6x6 is the main thing i have NOWHERE to store it however, so it's either get rid of it or get another yard ASAP.

Carlo

well, the local guy on here that was going to sell me a radiator decided to change his mind and keep it. and then the next day the person i rent my storage yard from informed me that it was sold and i have 30 days to clear all my stuff out. so, this (and nearly everything else) has found it's way to craigslist, while i look for another yard. the 6x6 is the main thing i have NOWHERE to store it however, so it's either get rid of it or get another yard ASAP.
I wish I lived close to you. I removed, repaired, and reinstalled my radiator by myself. I could never think of replacing it unless it had a 1 foot wide hole in it. I'm sorry I can't run over there and help you.

image.jpg

azM35a2

I wish I lived close to you. I removed, repaired, and reinstalled my radiator by myself. I could never think of replacing it unless it had a 1 foot wide hole in it. I'm sorry I can't run over there and help you.

View attachment 508156

i had no issue pulling it and replacing it, but the guy who was "selling me one" decided yesterday that he wasn't going to sell it now. pretty crappy in my opinion, guess i shouldn't have waited so long but i've had a string of bad luck and busy with wrecked trucks and insurance companies lately.

trukhead

Too bad your 2,000 miles away from me in Wisconsin. I'd take the truck off your hands. Hauling it would cause me to have too much into it. I am keeping an ear to the rail to see if there are any reasonable hauling possibilities. Tough luck on your troubles. I did see what I believe some radiators coming up on a certain auction site. I shall verify that auction. PM me if you want the info.

74M35A2

Can I ask for more info/pics on the roof mount AC unit? I want one badly (would buy yours if selling!). Thanks.

azM35a2

Neophyte: i've been scouring craigslist.

98G: thanks, but i think by the time i paid for fuel costs (which is absolutely a fair request) i'd probably be over what a landoll would charge.

trukhead: i'll check the sites, i'm sure shipping it would be horrible.

74m35a2: i'll try to remember to take more, what do you want specifically?

Over

Saw your ad on Craigslist last week then it disappeared. My son and his friend where interested and got your phone as it said text only, but email only on add. Eggs or pepper can seal a hole and smell like breakfast!

azM35a2

it's still listed....all i've had is one guy with an out of state number who stopped responding, one guy telling me his friend thinks i'm a 'fag', and a couple emails, which i have returned. i removed my number due to the child who kept texting me things stating i was a 'fag'. if they want to see it, tell them to contact me, i'm happy to show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks