• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got the MKT Home

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Standard Inverter is 600 watts output into two circuits. V3 inverter is 1000 watts surge (for 3 minutes), then steady at 600 watts. All at 24 volts nominal. HTH.
Just want to verify that the Standard Inverter is okay to use with the MBUv3s. I picked one up today but don't want to try it until I'm sure it's not going to blow out the control panel or something.

I plugged it in to ac power and the green light comes on but it was getting dark so didn't pull out the volt meter to test output.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My EUC just cleared, so next Tues, we will know for sure what I've gotten myself into. Mine has the inverter upgrade, but I couldn't see if the inverter was there or not in my super fast 2min inspection job.

stampy

How tall are the support poles on your MKT? I have none in mine and need to fabricate some ( I have the aluminum pole material). How long are the ones that connect to the ones mounted to the top also?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll measure mine in the morning and post if someone hasn't done it before then.

I have several that have broken mountings where the horizontal bars go and need to fab something to fix that. One pole has the tip (that fits in the deck) broken off but I think that'll be an easy fix.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Length of the spreader tube is 26.75, with the tip an additional inch, with a diameter of one inch. Tip diameter is .25 inch. Main tube length is 75.5 inches, with reducing caps at both ends, outside diameter is one inch. See pictures for detail on reducing caps. Collar below side rail caps is 44.875 from bottom of tube. Reducing caps add to the overall length. Total length of the extension on the top is six inches and the overlap with the spreader is three inches.

Attachments

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So when are we gonna get all the mobile kitchens together, and have a field kitchen cookoff? I have tasted mikes cooking(I think) and it is pretty tasty........:mrgreen:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have to pass on the cook-off unless ya'll want to come west of the Mississippi River to do it. I suppose if there's another Katrina event in the New Orleans area we could all meet and have a "Cook-Off for a Cause."

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to try out my new power converter today so figured it was a good time to try and clean the pot with left overs in it. The first pic is how I found it. 2nd pic is after boiling it the first time to get the majority of the crud out and then heating the water for the next go around. The last pic is after 2 scrubbings. Doubt I'll ever trust it for anything but boiling water to clean up with.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That pot was just plan NASTY!
Yes it was. At first I thought it was just crusted rice but the stuff on the bottom wasn't rice. Now I'm thinking all those brown specs were mummified larvae. Couldn't really tell that well from just looking at them and I don't own a microscope so I just dumped them. The griddle isn't much better. There's probably enough grease on it to lube the trailer. I sincerely hope yours is in better shape.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine only has the griddle. There are no ranges on it, so probably not any pots or pans. I do have a brand spanking new range loaded with stuff, at CGarbee's place. Just need to get it down here to install it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine only has the griddle. There are no ranges on it, so probably not any pots or pans. I do have a brand spanking new range loaded with stuff, at CGarbee's place. Just need to get it down here to install it.
That's one thing, mine came with 2 ranges, 2 ovens, lots of (dirty) cookware, even 10 bottles of hot sauce! (no stoves though) Only 1 pot and I doubt I'll use it much. I'll be on the look out for a couple of others. It had several roasting pans and the cradles for keeping Mermite inserts hot also. I figure with the roasting pans enough tin foil in the bottom should protect it from the last unit's non-cleaning habit.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark,
Use a wire brush on a drill to break that stuff up, then heat more water in it with a very heavy concentration of Simple Green (half a gallon in about 8 gallons of water). That looks like the 10 gallon pot, you should look for the 15 gallon one that it nestles in. I know Coleman's Surplus has them, I need another of each size myself but don't want to pay the shipping costs.