• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet, one short day a week pickup times, Anyone else having this problem???

FloridaAKM

I have 4 of the M-105's in the side yard from stages of uggh to freshly rebuilt. Only one does not have a cover, the rest are protecting gensets & other military items that don't do well in the out of doors. They were easy to recover, but there is the matter of the M-1082 @ Ft Bragg a few weeks ago that was one day away from collecting storage fees due to the insane pickup time frame, but for the grace of a fellow SS member, it is now sitting in a safe place in North Carolina awaiting pickup by Floridianson in a week or so.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 4 of the M-105's in the side yard from stages of uggh to freshly rebuilt. Only one does not have a cover, the rest are protecting gensets & other military items that don't do well in the out of doors. They were easy to recover, but there is the matter of the M-1082 @ Ft Bragg a few weeks ago that was one day away from collecting storage fees due to the insane pickup time frame, but for the grace of a fellow SS member, it is now sitting in a safe place in North Carolina awaiting pickup by Floridianson in a week or so.
I have learned a lot from this site, and found that it's full of helpful people.

FloridaAKM

Remember that there are very generous members that will help you out via the SS express or in person for vehicles in distress here. It is not a normal thing that people, not knowing each other, will go to the levels that the members here will go for one another. Help is on the way when you ask for it. We need more people in this country like the guys & gals on this board, they are probably already there & have not been called to help yet!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This board is an Amazing Resource for info and help...
I can't argue that.
The downside is the cost. This morning I found myself being the owner of yet another military vehicle.
Without Steel Soldiers I would've been blissfully unaware.

But to get back to the GovPlanet issue that this thread is supposed to be about, without Jen's help and enthusiasm I would've never become the owner of my latest acquisition.
A big pat on the back for her. If only all GP employees were as helpful and understanding.

General Hood

Was just at Texarkana last week.

Pickup is 9-2
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

No pickups on Thursday and Friday.

Unless something's changed.
That lot is too busy for only one day a week pickup.

Call GP Rep Evan.
I concur, M-W and Evan is good to work with. I have been to this location often

BadRobot

I had a bad experience with GP recently. It started when I made a payment on May 30, 2017 due to May 29 is a holiday. The customer service who process my payment reduced my bid limit to ZERO. I could not bid any items after the payment. I chat with GP representative via chat. He told me that the gentlemen who process my payment put my payment was late. How could that would be since on portal still show May 30, 2017 is the last day to pay without any late fees.

Second, the item requires EUC. I filled out the form and submitted. However, after I made the payment, the gentlemen who process told me that it was ready for pick up. I asked, are you sure? He said he would check with his supervisor and called me back but he never did. I called GP customer service a couple days later. I was informed that it is ready for pick up. So I got the site POC and phone number.

Then I called POC to schedule for pick up today. I got there and tried to get a pass at Fort Dix, NJ visitor center. The receptionist told me that I needed a sponsor. I called POC over 2 hours but he never answered his phone. I called GP customer service and he did not answer her call neither. I waited until after 1PM, so I left. The POC called me back at 8:08PM. I was at Baltimore area already. He said, I could go to commercial gate. It does not require a sponsor. How should I know but he said I did not ask. What a wonderful service. If he answered his phone, I could get through another gate but he did not. What a waste of my day today.

I asked for a full refund since I had to take a day off, paid for gas, tolls. GP say no. I think I will dispute with Amex since it is not my fault. I already went there. There is not a guarantee that it won't happen again next week. GP treats customers very badly. It took advantages of customers after it got pay.

I thought GP under Ritchie's brother would be better. I really wish that GP would read this forum and improve their customer services.

I have not had any bad experience with GL yet. It has been very good so far.

Last edited:

computer54

I understand it too me 4 mouths to get a refund from them and it was only for $20.00 then I had to wait for them to refund it on there day that they do it ,on friday and that is the day refunds or handled .

BadRobot

I will wait for GP supervisor to reply today. I will open a dispute with Amex. I would prefer to purchase MV from civilians at this point. This would be my last transaction with GP. I will wait until other companies take over or win the contract with military. It is not worth the hassle to deal with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks