• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet, one short day a week pickup times, Anyone else having this problem???

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would prefer to purchase MV from civilians at this point.
Yeah, that could simplify things, but at a price. I keep seeing vehicles listed for sale for what I sometimes know (and generally suspect) is at least twice what the seller paid.
Besides, it seems that once you end up talking to the correct person at GP, they are very helpful and accommodating. I also try to keep in mind during any conversations or email exchanges that those GP reps are worked very hard.
Actually, I find it surprising that they are even willing to reply in the first place. I'd guess that the praise to complaint ratio id pretty lopsided.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, thankfully it's a free market. And if the seller had to fight GP, had a hard time with transport, etc., a profit plus compensation for pain and suffering sounds fair to me.

I may find myself in that situation soon, if my new parts SEE (which hasn't arrived yet) turns out to be too nice to cannibalize. If so I'll fix what is wrong with it and sell it.
Unless someone can convince me that I really need six of them.

BadRobot

Yeah, that could simplify things, but at a price. I keep seeing vehicles listed for sale for what I sometimes know (and generally suspect) is at least twice what the seller paid.
Besides, it seems that once you end up talking to the correct person at GP, they are very helpful and accommodating. I also try to keep in mind during any conversations or email exchanges that those GP reps are worked very hard.
Actually, I find it surprising that they are even willing to reply in the first place. I'd guess that the praise to complaint ratio id pretty lopsided.
Well, if you made an appointment and showed up on time and you had to turned away because you could not get in. That is a big disappointment, especially you are from out of state. Wait until it happen to you and we can talk about it. It is poor customer service that did not answer his phone for 2+ hours. I hope it does not happen to you.

I am not sure that everyone will agree with your statement, "I find it surprising that they are even willing to reply in the first place". The seller, GP, has an obligation to provide you with location, contact person (POC), phone number. If you cannot reach POC, it is GP responsibility to provide alternative POC or coordinate with him/her. How would you know where is the location if the listing shows only zip code? Beside, if the POC will not return your call, how would you schedule for pick up. It is a flaw in GP system, I would say.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When someone is selling something, they price they paid to get it and then sell it is completely irrelevant.
Supply and demand
Shorter supply and increased demand is reflected in the selling price.
Simple as that

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, if you made an appointment and showed up on time and you had to turned away because you could not get in. That is a big disappointment, especially you are from out of state. Wait until it happen to you and we can talk about it. It is poor customer service that did not answer his phone for 2+ hours. I hope it does not happen to you.

I am not sure that everyone will agree with your statement, "I find it surprising that they are even willing to reply in the first place". The seller, GP, has an obligation to provide you with location, contact person (POC), phone number.
Thankfully I have yet to be in your position, BadRobot. The closest would be when buying a trailer and then not be able to pick it up for a few months. Naturally, by the time I could finally get an appointment, I didn't need that trailer anymore.

And when I say that I'm surprised that they are willing to reply, I mean they, as in people, not it, as in GP. After all, they are only humans, working their butts off from what I can tell.

JackMS

Bought 3 Items out of Georgia. One day a week pickup. Monday 8-2. Also no forklift on site so have to schedule with another guy for him to bring it down to load. WOuldn't have bought there if they would have disclosed that pickups are nearly impossible at that location. Site rep was really pleasant but just couldn't do a whole lot.
That just seems crazy to me. With all the stuff on that yard now and they can't load it for you. And some items up for auction there have a note that they have nothing to load with and others don't have that note.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks