• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP 3 day payment

Sintorion

Anyone know why GP demands payment in 3 days if you can't pick up your items when you pay for them? That seems kind of odd that the govt would allow that since the govt procurement rules would not allow that to occur in reverse. When you sell to the govt, you can't say "pay me now and I will send the goods when the paper work clears". You get paid once the goods arrive and not a day sooner. I would assume that GP isn't paying the govt until the deal is secured by the EUC. So that raises the question of who is holding my money? Might have to look into see if this is covered by FAR or similar regulations.

My guess is GP holds the revenue making interest until the EUC is complete which would explain why they are in no rush.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think GP has a much higher likelihood of being told "Oh, never mind" when the cash comes due than the government presents to its suppliers.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Anyone know why GP demands payment in 3 days if you can't pick up your items when you pay for them? That seems kind of odd that the govt would allow that since the govt procurement rules would not allow that to occur in reverse. When you sell to the govt, you can't say "pay me now and I will send the goods when the paper work clears". You get paid once the goods arrive and not a day sooner. I would assume that GP isn't paying the govt until the deal is secured by the EUC. So that raises the question of who is holding my money? Might have to look into see if this is covered by FAR or similar regulations.

My guess is GP holds the revenue making interest until the EUC is complete which would explain why they are in no rush.
We pay the Gov a percentage of OAV up front and the 74.29% of everything that sells on a monthly basis. On most bases we have to remove the HV's due to the EUC taking so long, which means I put them on storage yards that I pay an astronomical amount across the nation over the course of the year. The "no rush" you speak of would be on the TSC assessing the EUC which we have nothing to do with. I would much rather it be a quick turn around and me not having to spend money on storing items I assure you.

Last edited:

Gunzy

So if a buyer is due any kind of refund why does that not happen in 3 days? Seems a bit hypocritical.

Sintorion

Are you saying that your contract is to sell the goods on behalf of the govt or are you procuring the goods then reselling them. I assume if you are giving them a percentage that you are not, or should not be paying them until the transaction is complete and that would be when you have a fully ratified contract meaning the EUC is complete. I don't see how you can remove govt property from the base until this is complete. You would have to take ownership of the goods in order to remove them, and they can't force you to remove something unless they process the paperwork on their end. The process doesn't make sense by typical govt procurement regulations.

What is your contract number? I would like to review your contract. One thing I have learned from 20 years of selling to Fed is that govt COs are not necessarily the best at understanding and following their own regulations because they usually follow bad advice from COTRs that know even less.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Are you saying that your contract is to sell the goods on behalf of the govt or are you procuring the goods then reselling them. I assume if you are giving them a percentage that you are not, or should not be paying them until the transaction is complete and that would be when you have a fully ratified contract meaning the EUC is complete. I don't see how you can remove govt property from the base until this is complete. You would have to take ownership of the goods in order to remove them, and they can't force you to remove something unless they process the paperwork on their end. The process doesn't make sense by typical govt procurement regulations.

What is your contract number? I would like to review your contract. One thing I have learned from 20 years of selling to Fed is that govt COs are not necessarily the best at understanding and following their own regulations because they usually follow bad advice from COTRs that know even less.
By paying them an upfront fee we are taking ownership immediately and are required per our contract to remove within 10 days from Gov property. On several bases we have negotiated to sell in place where space is available. Honestly I am not aware of what our actual contract number is.

Sintorion

I really would like to review the contract because this doesn't sound like the way the govt does business. I am thinking you may be taken advantage of by a lazy CO/COTR. If the EUC resides with me the buyer, you cannot take ownership because once I pay you/the govt, I am the owner and you should not be able to remove my goods without my authorization. Effectively you are doing nothing more than pass through billing. I have ran into this with getting equipment to Gitmo when I sell through an 8a. Because they are an embargo country, you just can't send things UPS.

My guess is if you pushed back on this and said that you can't remove anything because you don't own it, they would probably start pushing the EUCs through much faster because they will have some base commander on their butt to get these goods removed. This would all be different if you were purchasing these goods based off a firm fixed price contract that you bid on, but since these are public auctions that is different. GP isn't bidding so you shouldn't be allowed to take ownership.

If you don't mind, ask your contracts people for the number. They probably have it memorized. If not, I can dig it up. It is all public record the govt hides nothing, but they make it so convoluted that it sometimes is like looking for a needle in a pile of needles.

One other question since you seem to reply much faster than customer support, Do I have to request the sf97? I didn't see anything at checkout, but according to GP, there should have been an option with a $50 charge.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I really would like to review the contract because this doesn't sound like the way the govt does business. I am thinking you may be taken advantage of by a lazy CO/COTR. If the EUC resides with me the buyer, you cannot take ownership because once I pay you/the govt, I am the owner and you should not be able to remove my goods without my authorization. Effectively you are doing nothing more than pass through billing. I have ran into this with getting equipment to Gitmo when I sell through an 8a. Because they are an embargo country, you just can't send things UPS.

My guess is if you pushed back on this and said that you can't remove anything because you don't own it, they would probably start pushing the EUCs through much faster because they will have some base commander on their butt to get these goods removed. This would all be different if you were purchasing these goods based off a firm fixed price contract that you bid on, but since these are public auctions that is different. GP isn't bidding so you shouldn't be allowed to take ownership.

If you don't mind, ask your contracts people for the number. They probably have it memorized. If not, I can dig it up. It is all public record the govt hides nothing, but they make it so convoluted that it sometimes is like looking for a needle in a pile of needles.

One other question since you seem to reply much faster than customer support, Do I have to request the sf97? I didn't see anything at checkout, but according to GP, there should have been an option with a $50 charge.
yes you have to request it should have been available at checkout. PM me your item number and I will make sure it gets going.

diesel dave

Government AWAYS gets their money up front. (I'm sure you've heard of the IRS). And of course,they ALWAYS pay late. Sometimes up to 90 days after goods and services are rendered. Can you imagine the billions of dollars of our money they get to use interest free??When I was in business,I added 10-20% to the contract bid just to cover the cost of doing business with government. I'm sure others did the same,as I didn't lose many bids.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Well no you don't own it until the EUC clears and the government approves the sale. The money is pretty much held similar to banks having escrow accounts to pay property taxes , if you can't pass a EUC you get your money back minus default fees to cover the cost GP incurs by not being able to complete the sale .

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really would like to review the contract because this doesn't sound like the way the govt does business.
While I have several issues with GP and will never buy from them again, it comes down to this - THEY ARE NOT THE GOV'T. They don't have to do business the way the government does it. Unfortunately they have a monopoly (at the moment) on rolling Federal stock. If you don't like their rules you have multiple options from buying retail to shopping GSA.

99nouns

Well no you don't own it until the EUC clears and the government approves the sale. The money is pretty much held similar to banks having escrow accounts to pay property taxes , if you can't pass a EUC you get your money back minus default fees to cover the cost GP incurs by not being able to complete the sale .
Did you say minus the fees because of they were unable to sell me something because of someone else didnt approve? How minus are those fees?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you say minus the fees because of they were unable to sell me something because of someone else didnt approve? How minus are those fees?
It is in their terms and conditions and varies by the amount of the defaulted sale , GL dose the same thing. Back when the run of deuces was going on it was always recommended by members here on SS to buy a low priced trailer or something similar for your 1st EUC so the default fees were less if you weren't approved. It's not GP or GL's fault your background prevented them from selling you a EUC item .

Plane Fast

EUC fluctuate with different government pencil pushers. So sometimes it is a ex-rocket launch platform, to a jack stand!:roll:

Hey gimp. You better give the ol'girl on the hitch a bath, with all the miles you have traveled this week! [thumbzup]

Sintorion

I agree with that statement, but the govt procurement rules prohibit that on the govt side so the same rules would apply in reverse. Since it is public money, they are not allowed double standards. It is a matter of getting a lazy CO off their butt to follow the rules. In this situation, we could force much faster EUC processing if they followed govt procurement processes.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with that statement, but the govt procurement rules prohibit that on the govt side so the same rules would apply in reverse. Since it is public money, they are not allowed double standards. It is a matter of getting a lazy CO off their butt to follow the rules. In this situation, we could force much faster EUC processing if they followed govt procurement processes.
im sure GP would love for the approval process to take no time at all...but it's out of there hands. I waited months at GL for any items, faster if I was always buying. I'm sure they have raised the issue at every staff meeting....I've been in Govt for 30yrs...nothing moves fast. Maybe if GP didn't get paid till EUC cleared if that would move things along?...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks