• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP MTVR cab parts

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just think what it would be worth if it had doors and a roof! I can't imagine buying a $50k WORK truck I couldn't drive unless the weather was nice...
"Worth" or "What the seller will ask" are two different things. I can buy a complete truck for less than that. No doors, no roof...you want top dollar money...no sale.

MidwestMilitaryEquipment

Supporting Vendor

We will have more pictures in the next couple of weeks as we are running production of doors & roof kits right now

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

We will have more pictures in the next couple of weeks as we are running production of doors & roof kits right now
Thanks! Can you paint the stuff to order for extra $$$? I would think that green would sell better than black.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Silly question... Is that price for a pair of doors - or Price Each?
Clicking through the link, it appears to be one.
Yes?

MidwestMilitaryEquipment

Supporting Vendor
Silly question... Is that price for a pair of doors - or Price Each?
Clicking through the link, it appears to be one.
Yes?
Per Pair.

Replacement Hard Door Kit For MTVR 7 Ton Oshkosh Truck

Kit Includes:

- Assembled Driver Side Door

- Assembled Passenger Side Door

- LH & RH Exterior Handle

- LH & RH Interior Handle & Mount

- LH & RH Door Rod Linkage & Clips

- LH & RH Striker & Catch

- LH & RH Door WeatherStrip

- Mounting Hardware & Shims

- Finished In Satin Black Coating

DeMilitarized

Well someone can always do something cheaper, faster, and better than you can. Got quotes back from suppliers and was about to order all the components to start prototype pair 1 but I guess the project is scrapped. Pricing would have been 8k but when you have the capital to take a bigger hit on tooling costs like Midwest you can make it cheaper.image_2023-09-27_174854647.png

mk2spyder

I bought a whole truck off GP with undamaged glass doors full cab etc... for $8400. Just going to rob everything I need to put on my basically unused 540001 demo truck and then sell the parts truck.

DeMilitarized

I bought a whole truck off GP with undamaged glass doors full cab etc... for $8400. Just going to rob everything I need to put on my basically unused 540001 demo truck and then sell the parts truck.
You mean the one that was stripped until basically only an engine full of water and a cab skeleton was left?

mk2spyder

You mean the one that was stripped until basically only an engine full of water and a cab skeleton was left?
The one that has an undamaged condition roof doors all the glass seats wipers brackets and everything else I need for about the same price as just the doors are being sold for lol. Everything else it comes with is just stuff I can sell for scrap or parts to recoup money. I have a cost effective way to transport these things I'm not that far from GA so for me it makes sense.

But I've seen 10+ of them sell in unoperating or somewhat running condition with full undamaged cabs in the last month or so for between $10k-$15k FOR THE WHOLE TRUCK. So long as these are available that is the route I would go if you're trying to restore a good running low mile unbeaten truck that is missing the cab parts. But transporting them and dealing with selling the remainder might not be everyone's cup of tea and maybe just paying someone $12.5k for the parts needed is the way to go. Me personally I'm not paying someone $6400 for just the doors when I can buy the whole truck for $10k plus fees and transport.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks