• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally, September 1-5, 2016

CGarbee

8[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Graves Mountain Military Vehicle and Vintage 4x4 Trail Rides!

Labor Day Weekend
September 1-5, 2016

At the historic Graves Mountain Lodge in Syria, Virginia.
It's time for me to start the threadfor the annual gathering so that everyone can start planning and get time off from work, etc.
We'll basically have the same schedule and activities as in the past, but with a few more trails (five ton friendly) up on the mountain and, hopefully, a few extra guides so that we can run more convoys and trailrides at the same time each day.

I've sent updated info to my webmaster so the website should be updated soon.
Chuck (BMan) has almost finished the t-shirt design...
The flyer and registration form is done.Event website: www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com

Hope to see a bunch of you in the beautiful mountains of Virginia this fall!

Opie

My shop van is up and running again, and I hope to attend.
Will trail maintenance be performed during the Fourth of July weekend as in previous years?

CGarbee

Will trail maintenance be performed during the Fourth of July weekend as in previous years?
YES!
Steve, Laura, and the gang from Rock Ridge Offroad (the Evington, VA, Jeep club that helps me with logistics and trail maintenance) will be camping at my cabin over the weekend of the 4th. We will be performing trail maintenance, cutting a new loop trail suitable for the five ton trucks, and will watch the Graves Mountain Lodge Fireworks Display on the 4th (about a 45 minute professional show...).

CGarbee

Amnon has updated the website.
It now shows the correct dates and has the proper registration form.
We'll add the shirt info before too long.

I also need to add a bunch of photos from previous years... ;)

Not on the website (keeping it low key again this year) is that we will be running the firing range (that is, as long as Mike will man it).

vaopie

I'm imagining a tee shirt that says, "This summer I took my military truck to Syria (very small letters) Virginia."
Homeland Security will LOVE it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm packing my ear muffs, extra ear plugs, and chamber flags. Might have to bring along my Armorers Tool Kit this year, as we could have used it last year more than once.

CGarbee

pool.jpg

Don't forget that we get to use the Lodge's Jr. Olympic swimming pool... It's a great way to cool off after a trailride or time at the range...
It is open all day and into the early evening, is professionally staffed (lifeguards), and has a snack bar... ;)

CGarbee

Are the trails M274 compatible (fording depth)? And do you have to travel on paved roads very far to get to them?
Several of the trails that originate at the camping field (access via private gravel orchard road) do not have water crossings, a few of them do with depth that normally is fordable with a M274 with no fording equipment (I own a M274A5...). Several more require crossing a 24' wide paved road and are also dry and relative smooth (not flat, they go up to the top of Doubletop Mountain, but you aren't dodging around large rocks or ruts...).

You can have a lot of fun with a Mule...
Bring yours and I'll bring mine as well...

CGarbee

Just a reminder that we don't charge extra for vending...or for bringing a camper/trailer and your trail vehicle and a support vehicle...and you can camp anywhere in the field that you want (as long as it is not my space, RickF's spot, or where I plan to put the registration tent...)...

It's a really big field...and if we outgrow it, I'll open the gate and we'll use the field next to it as well...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks