• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain Rally (Virginia), Labor Day Weekend 2021

CGarbee

For those who like to plan early...
The dates for 2021 are September 2-6, 2021.

So, I think that I have made all the edits to the website that I can until we decide on a shirt design and I get a better HTML editor and fix a couple of background issues (the registration form claims to be from 2018, but when you view the PDF, it will be the correct one...).

The website is:

Hope to see a bunch of you this fall at the event, and at the farm during the work weekends as we get ready... :)

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if we'll make it. A dear friend told us to save the date for a wedding. Once they settle on the schedule of events, we might could make it down for a day or two, I hope.

BDGR

CGarbee

We will be having a work weekend (trail clearing/trail preview) during the days leading up to the 4th of July. We will also have a event preparation weekend shortly before the event. Individuals who can join us for four combined complete days of volunteer labor during either of these work weekends will receive a TRAIL CREW shirt and other recognition at the Trailrides and Rally. You must register with me in advance (send me a message/email) for the work weekends so that we can coordinate volunteers and ensure that everyone is provided an opportunity to work and earn their Trail Crew membership.

The Graves family will once again have a massive fireworks display on the 4th, along with activities that afternoon...

I'll be at the farm from the morning of the 2nd through the morning of the 5th...

Hope that some of you can assist in getting things ready.

CGarbee

Hello Cabell. Is the website down? Want to register but site seems to be offline.

Guy
If you have tried to access the website in the past few days and haven't been able to...my brother (who owns the server hosting the site) just changed his ISP...
Apparently, there are a few hiccups in the connection (a new line was run from the access point to the building with the server...)...
Hopefully, it will be back on-line soon...

CGarbee

The letter that I send out via USPS to folks who are on the mailing list (aka, folks who have attended an event in the past...) should get mailed in the morning...
Included in it is a copy of this year's registration form...

I have attached the event letter, flyer, and registration form, to this post.

Attachments

Last edited:

CGarbee

If you happen to be able to attend the work weekend next week (4th of July weekend...), the Graves will have Bailey Hayes playing live music on July 3

FREE Music on the Mountain's Front Porch Series - with Local Beers, Wines, and Moonshine
5 to 7 PM Saturday July 3- under and in front of porch at the Lodge

Bailey Hayes is a solo acoustic artist playing a wide variety of music ranging from country, to classic rock, to pop/soul, to folk, original music.
https://www.facebook.com/baileyjhayes4/videos/3171723436181313

They also have music and activities on July 4th before the big fireworks show...

CGarbee

Paper form sent by mail, back up with a PM here to be sure. No electronic payment that I know of
BDGR
One of these days, I will enable online registration....

Meanwhile, mail the form to me....
Form is in this thread, on the event website, and was mailed to those who have attended previously....

Thanks!

CGarbee

The shirts have been ordered...
Price will be determined once the shop has completed the order and I know what the final costs are...
Chuck will have them for sale at the Registration/HQ Tent.
This year, we are honoring those who gave all in the service of our Country...

CGarbee

We had a great turnout for the trail cleanup weekend last week (coincided with Peach Day at Graves Mountain on July 25th...).
Had crews on both Doubletop and Graves Mountains ensuring that they are ready for our event...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks