• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greater Houston-area Events

m715mike

Time to blow the cob webs out of this thread....

Who's up for a meet and eat in Montgomery, Texas on Saturday, February 22?

Here's what I'm thinking: We can meet at my shop off Highway 105 and have lunch at the Mexican food restaurant next door. I'll get to the shop at 9am and figure we can do lunch at noon. Anyone that wants to hangout after lunch is welcome to. If you have a project or want to tinker on your truck, bring it (but let us know what you are thinking so we can plan accordingly).

Lunch location:
7 Leguas Mexican Restaurant
15949 Highway 105 West
Montgomery, Texas 77356

Shop address:
15953 Highway 105 West, Space 2
Montgomery, Texas 77356
To get to the shop, you will turn off Highway 105 into the parking lot for the 7 Leguas restaurant. Drive past the restaurant to a gate at the end of the parking lot. There is a gate code. Send me a PM or text message for the gate code.

-Michael
(936) 672-6943

We are still on for the meet and eat on Saturday, February 22.

I'll get to the shop at 9am. TAZZJR will get there about 9am also and we'll do some work on his Deuce. We'll head next door for lunch at 7 Leguas around noon.

Feel free to join us at any time Saturday morning and/or hangout after lunch.

Lunch location:
7 Leguas Mexican Restaurant
15949 Highway 105 West
Montgomery, Texas 77356

Shop address:
15953 Highway 105 West, Space 2
Montgomery, Texas 77356
To get to the shop, you will turn off Highway 105 into the parking lot for the 7 Leguas restaurant. Drive past the restaurant to a gate at the end of the parking lot. There is a gate code. Send me a PM or text message for the gate code.

-Michael
(936) 672-6943

Nitrodiver

I’m gonna try to be there. Don’t know if I’ll have time to do anything to the Deuce this week (it’s Kinda disassembled waiting on some parts). So I may have to drive something else.

m715mike

I’m gonna try to be there. Don’t know if I’ll have time to do anything to the Deuce this week (it’s Kinda disassembled waiting on some parts). So I may have to drive something else.
Drive something else, ugh? I wouldn’t recommend driving your boat! A couple guys will show up in their personal (i.e., non-military) vehicle. We won’t turn anyone away. Well, ok, we might turn you away if you drive a Prius....

Nitrodiver

Drive something else, ugh? I wouldn’t recommend driving your boat! A couple guys will show up in their personal (i.e., non-military) vehicle. We won’t turn anyone away. Well, ok, we might turn you away if you drive a Prius....
Yea not going to be driving the boat. Course you are close to the lake.....Hmmm.. Naa. The big boat is still winterized and I need a new battery for the tunnel hull.

Prius! Pfff that’s how you loose your man card. I mix in a Prius for every 50gal of Diesel I put in the Deuce. It’s a 50:1 ratio Ha Ha.

m715mike

Yesterday’s meet and eat was a great time! There were 3 MVs (two Deuces and a crew cab 5 Ton), a Jeep, Dodge Charger and two motorcycles. We had 10 people at lunch. Afterwards, four of us hung around and worked on TAZZJR’s Deuce for the rest of the afternoon. Perfect weather, great company and big trucks made for one heck of a good day!

Attachments

Nitrodiver

Big thanks to m715mike for hosting this. It was a lot of fun. Lunch was good, there were some cool rigs and bikes there. Those of you that I can’t remember your name, it was good to meet you hope to see you again. I’ll send Mike the grease info that some of you asked me about.

A special thanks to the “Truck Whisperer”. Lol

m715mike

Alright... let's get this thread going again. Put Saturday May 8th on the calendar!

What: Texas Deuce Days 2021 Car Show
When: Saturday, May 8, 2021 - Gate opens at 11am (Set-up for the car show is from 9am-11am)
Where: 2920 RoadHouse; 21835 FM 2920; Hockley, TX 77447
Other Info: A full day is planned with the car show, vendors, a Back the Blue Presentation, live music, etc.

More information here:
Texas Deuce Days 2021 Tickets, Sat, May 8, 2021 at 11:00 AM | Eventbrite

In addition to the events on Saturday, May 8, there will be a car show on May 6 in Tomball and a Cars & Coffee rally on May 7.

I know the event organizer, and she wants to have as many MVs on display Saturday as possible. She is offering free registration for 2 people for the entire weekend to anyone that puts an MV on display Saturday, May 8.

I'll have my M35A2 on display that Saturday. Who else would like to join me?

Last edited:

m715mike

Here is some more information for Saturday, May 8:

Plan to arrive between 9am and 11am to put your vehicle on display. Spectators can arrive at any time after 11am.

There will be a break between 5pm and 7pm before the concert. Many of the vendors and displays will leave during the break. If you are displaying a MV, you are encouraged to say (or at least leave your vehicle) until 5pm. This is not a requirement, and you can leave before 5pm if desired. Also, you are more than welcome to stay for the concert and leave after 10:30pm.

If you are into classic cars, this will be a treat for you. I understand that there are several cars coming in from out of state just for this event. Also, the Harris County Sheriff's department and a local fire department will have vehicles on display.

m715mike

Alright, the Texas Deuce Days car show is coming up next weekend. Sounds like we'll have at least 4-5 MVs in attendance. Please let me know if you'd like to join us.

As for the name of the event ("Texas Deuce Days"), I learned something new. Maybe this was common knowledge and I've lived a sheltered life. Apparently the 1932 Ford is affectionally called the Deuce. These vehicles have become very expensive (some costing over $1 million). There are large Deuce Days shows across the U.S. but, until now, there has not been one in Texas. I understand that, pre-COVID, collectors from Canada and Europe would bring their cars to the U.S. to participate in these Deuce Days shows. There is a group of 1932 Ford collectors that is driving into Texas from Nevada next weekend to participate in the show. I don't think any Canadians or Europeans are participating this year.

Here are some examples of the type of vehicles that will be at the show next weekend:
Deuce 1.jpegDeuce 2.jpegDeuce 3.jpeg

And of course, there will be a couple of REAL Deuces in attendance:

IMG_0088.JPG

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, yes. I understand that Deuce Days will be held again this yeah. I’ll post more information when I get it.

Also, the annual TX Rally will be held in late March in College Station.
Do you have a link to the event in C S? searches have turned up nothing for me.

m715mike

Do you have a link to the event in C S? searches have turned up nothing for me.

I just started the 2022 rally thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks