• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grille painting

AJMBLAZER

Thanks to Root Breaker over on CK5 I now have a brand new genuine aftermarket replacement grille for Big Ugly and want to paint it to match the truck. It's the non-chrome silverish paint finish (argent I think?). Should I just spray bomb it with primer and then spray the topcoat on or is the primer unneeded? Undecided if I will use RAPCO CARC green or paint the grille and light trim flat black.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would scuff it with some fine grit paper to ensure good adhesion, wipe it down with some xylene, and spray bomb the heck out of it. I vote for OD, but paint the Chevy emblem flat black :)

AJMBLAZER

Flat black it is. Already did the light buckets as the CARC makes a nice base coat.

However here's a lesson for ya...always check the paint cabinet to make sure you have enough paint to do everything. Grille just has a few splotches of black on it right now.

Did cut the grille up to replicate the CUCV grille. That was fun...hot plastic goo flying around.