• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grille painting

AJMBLAZER

Thanks to Root Breaker over on CK5 I now have a brand new genuine aftermarket replacement grille for Big Ugly and want to paint it to match the truck. It's the non-chrome silverish paint finish (argent I think?). Should I just spray bomb it with primer and then spray the topcoat on or is the primer unneeded? Undecided if I will use RAPCO CARC green or paint the grille and light trim flat black.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would scuff it with some fine grit paper to ensure good adhesion, wipe it down with some xylene, and spray bomb the heck out of it. I vote for OD, but paint the Chevy emblem flat black :)

AJMBLAZER

Flat black it is. Already did the light buckets as the CARC makes a nice base coat.

However here's a lesson for ya...always check the paint cabinet to make sure you have enough paint to do everything. Grille just has a few splotches of black on it right now.

Did cut the grille up to replicate the CUCV grille. That was fun...hot plastic goo flying around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks