• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA Auction - 1955 Reo 6x6 with crane

Katch1

deuceman shield-bantam bought train loads of surplus deuces and half-tracks for crane, and or drag line conversions, don't know when they quit. As far as outriggers, don't remember was too young when they were in use to notice I guess.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
dr. duece has a factory cckw with crane restored

the boom tip should fold up under the boom foot for roading the rig, that takes care of the length and heigth problem

i have a Bantam drag line. it's mounted on an I beam frame with deuce (M211) running gear and front winch. it had rear pull out style out riggers but they were gone when i got it. it still works without them. i have only moved about 500 yds of sand but i have yet to tip it over. don't know the year. has a Leroi upper engine. using it as a lifting crane takes a little practice and brakes that operate well and are adjusted properly.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am pretty sure Gene was going today to check it out if he can get through the snow.

lacoda56

It seems a lot of these old rigs didn't have outriggers. I have a '43 IHC M5-H6 with a Quickway and a '56 Bantam T35 and niether unit has them. The Bantam, even though it was built in '56, still uses a CCKW drivetrain. I've seen the M211 based Bantams, and have never figured out just where they fit in. They're all pretty cool conversions.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the status on this truck? I didn't get to see the closing bid so I have no idea who got it. I know Joseph (Westfolk) and Gene (Maccus) both had bids on it. What about it Gene? Is it yours?

westfolk

Gene and I spoke about it. He's alot closer than I. So I let go of it. Don't know if he got it. He's about 175 miles from it and I am about 1425 miles. If there were any troubles he could solve it easy than I could due to distance.

TacticalTruck

when i saw maccus drop out i bumped the guy a few times but the logistics of the whole deal scared me off.
it was a tough one to miss. googled daddydon...no hits.
jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks