• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Truck progress (constructive critisism and suggestions appreciated)

quonsethut

Got the mermites at the other end of the bed and not installed yet 3 spare M2 barrels which will be racked at the forward bulkhead of the armored box.

strongarm66

Absolutely awesome truck! Newbie question, what is the color that you used? This is the color that I remember from my early days in the Army. Keep the pics coming. I have visions/dreams of doing a similar truck in the future.

quonsethut

Thank you for the complement. The paint is made by Gilispie, I bought mine from Rapco in Bowie Texas. The color is Rapco-24087 Semi Gloss Olive Drab Industrial Finish. This is essentially G.I.paint.
This project has been a real joy which Im very proud of and by no means could have done it by myself. It has taken a dozen friends each contributing their own skill to bring it to fruition.
**** its good to have friends.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking sweet Ed!
To see it go from us standing around discussing the possibilities, to what you have built in such a short time is truly amazing, and highly commendable.

If y'all think this truck looks good in pictures, you should see it in person, it really is beautiful!

Cheers

Pawnshop

You need to find someone with a live M2 that will let you put about 1000rnd through it while mounted on the truck so the muzzle blast, ejecting brass and links will scar up the paint for some realistic "battle wear"...

redcoat54th

Quonsethut, outstanding job. Nice to see the little extras that go into making a 'Nam truck look the part. You might lightly airbrush the red dirt on with paint for a more durable look. My deuce is also getting the Gillespie 24087: got the front bumper and doors done before cold weather here in MN forced a halt last fall. I was lucky to find a 16 rubber ducky for $35 to fill one of the racks in the cab, the other is an airsoft (also a cool "show and tell" item at shows). No gun truck yet but mine will be more than a motor pool queen. Keep the pics comming, they are an inspiration to others to have something other than just an M35. We honor those that were "in country" by getting it right!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks