• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Trucks to Carlisle

Srjeeper

My unsolicited Opinion

The MVPA Convention and the GT Gathering should not be a combined event and here's why I say that.

The only thing the two have in common are Military Trucks/Vehicles.

The MVPA Convention is all about promoteing the MVPA, while helping hobbiest and businesses come together. In so doing they hope to strengthen and build the hobby we all love. They're other goal is to promote the business ($) aspects for the MVPA and the businesses that it supports.

The GT Gathering on the other hand is the reunion of a special group of men, who's bond to eachother was forged in the heat of battle. They fought, laughed, cried, lived and died protecting one an other and their buddies in trucks they built with their own hands, sweat & blood.

To these men the Gathering is a sacrament and their Gun Trucks are sacred.

Merging the two would be unfair to both as they would each suffer at the others expense.

I feel we should support the MVPA, yet we must also honor and respect the Men of the GT Gathering and their devotion to their GT brothers.

They each deserve their own time and place.

I am not a Gun Trucker.

I am fortunate to have the oportunity to be a friend to several that are and the opinions I put forth here in this post are mine alone.

WarrenD

Warren Did you get a chance to watch the Dvd's I sent you. The Pic's from nam were taken with a small (Ricoh) camera i think thats how it spelled. The Pic's you sent and the combined pic's of the gathering 2010 everyone I sent them too liked them . Till later Randy
Yes, I did, Randy. Thanks again, enjoyed them and yes, you spelled Ricoh correctly, I had one as my first SLR camera.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Although I have met him a couple of times, I still get the heebie jeebies when one of the builders of the original Proud American comes around.
On the 26th of March, he and the owner of "Black Widow", another Guntrucker, and the infamous SS member Uglyranger...another Guntrucker (Officer rank) will be at the Hooch.

It just don't get any better than that.

Attachments

prguntruck

Photos from the Friday meet at the USAHEC are now up! Gun Truck Gathering 2010 Photo Gallery by baywing at pbase.com
I have to apologize to crew of the truck stuck at the hotel, I plum forget to go to the hotel when I left. Could say it was due to lack of sleep, old age or any other thing, but it doesn't change the fact I didn't get shots of it, I'm truly sorry for that.
On a happier note, I hope you all enjoy the shots, there are close to 100.
Hi Warren,
Please stop by the website: Vietnam Gun Truck Psychotic Reaction and there are some pics of the Psychotic Reaction.
Thanks
Dan
Caretaker of the Psychotic Reaction Duece Gun Truck

jatonka

There is an event at the War College in Carlisle ,PA this June that some of the Gun Trucks will be attending, the display area will be near the Fire Base on site. Sr Jeeper can help with date and website for directions, I hope. JT out

Srjeeper

Heritage Days Info.....

The folks at USAHEC are looking forward to welcoming the Gun Trucks back for Heritage Days. (3 so far)

The turnout for this years event is expected to far surpass any shows to date. They do ask you register EARLY if your bringing a Historic Military Vehicle or Display for the weekend.
This can be done either by phone or on line. All registered vehicles will receive a small fuel stipend to help with expenses.

Here's a link to this years show, hope to see you there..[thumbzup]

The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC)

There's something for the entire family to see and enjoy, so plan to come out and support US Army Heritage and Education Center.

Driver523

Might be a good thing----this tread was started to let everyone know about the gun trucks at the Gathering---these are two seperate functions----no matter where they are or which ones are where---go see em you won't forget it

SteveKuhn

"...There is an event at the War College in Carlisle ,PA this June that some of the Gun Trucks will be attending..." JT

Gee, I sure hope you won't be late. :lol:

From the flyer: Saturday & Sunday, May 19-20, 2012

Now maybe I have an excuse to visit my neice in Manchester PA that weekend.

This certainly is worthy of its own thread. Waddaya' say, Bill?

Steve

m816

I think Bill Parks started a thread on the Carlise show comming up this spring. We attended two years ago and also had a Guntruck gathering there as well . The display at the the army Heritage museum was a great experience with renactors form every conflict from the Fench and Indian war an the revolution through Viet Nam. A lot of visitors and we had guntrucks. Hopefully The Untouchable and Satan"s lil Angel will get there again this year. Of course fuel prices will have a huge influence this yeas as this years Gathering will be in Ft Lee Va. Don't know if we will be able to make all the shows we would like to this year.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was just looking at the great time we had at carlisle and deceided to bring this thread back to life, in memory of Bill. He loved this event and looked forward to the next gathering. We need to honor this fine man at the 2013 Gathering. ATD

OK, this is the 3rd. BUMP on this show,

The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC)

so now nobody can say they didn't know anything about it...:whistle::lost::doh:

jatonka

Thank you Dudley for your compassion for one of our dear friends. A lot of people in our circle are going to miss Bill Parks and never forget him. He was a true friend to many of us, The Gun Truckers, Redball Club and the MTA-NJ. Just a terrible loss. God Bless him and his wife. John T

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thank you Dudley for your compassion for one of our dear friends. A lot of people in our circle are going to miss Bill Parks and never forget him. He was a true friend to many of us, The Gun Truckers, Redball Club and the MTA-NJ. Just a terrible loss. God Bless him and his wife. John T
Agreed JT.
Dang, I just knew I would get to see him one more time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks