• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HA HA YOU THOUGHT I WAS DEAD..... Zout Project 34

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're watching with interest! My M1009 could use some new steel also. Not quite "Fred Flinstone" but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swiss, be patient. Commander Warp has to dedicate a certain amount of time to changing his avatar pictures of nekid women. :shock:

zout

Did get the drivers side rocker panel in...sent the owner pics just to keep him updated as always.

Started removing lights @mirrors to get them out of the way for sanding...ripping out rubber trim as well as Mike bought a box load of rubbers (look like melted down condems...not with the ribs tho).

Once I get some sanding completed I will pop some pictures on the thread...otherwise just watch my umbrella girl avatar.

Another Ahab

I need like a 100 pack of rubber condems....one for each of my long fingers. Keeps my prissy girly hands clean.

(100) fingers??!!!

It must be tough tying shoelaces. But you should consider taking up the piano, I think you could set the world on fire.

Last edited:

zout

T....sanding on the top getting as many imperfections out of it.
If ya look back at the truck I did for Swiss...same color.

Mike had the paint delivered to the house and it arrived yesterday. Will probably prime in sections to make sure my low attention span can make sure the surface is the best I can do under medications. Wanna see pink bunny rabbits.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mike had the paint delivered to the house and it arrived yesterday. Will probably prime in sections to make sure my low attention span can make sure the surface is the best I can do under medications. Wanna see pink bunny rabbits.
Plaid ones are the ones ya REALLLLLY gotta look out for!!! Thanks for the update Commander!!! Your worst day is a thousand times better than my best.....gonna be a sweet 1009

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The funny thing is the work kind of breaks out like this

15 % take apart stuff
10-20% body work
50% sanding
5% mix paint cleanup
10% paint
10% assembly

Painting itself is a small amount of the project time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial

Please no pink bunny's,

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I always wondered what White bunnies with pink eyes would look like in a camo pattern. 2cents

Bert

zout

Yup...shield stays Kenny.
Well it's CARC so I use 180 to chop down the rock hard surface...re-sand by block in 320. Use prep solvent to clean...prime THEN 320 again by block. GET any last surface stuff fixed then go paint.