• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ham Radio Operators / Steel Soldiers

KD5JPB

KD5JPB here, got my ticket in 2000. No code tech, a pair of RT-524s, a SEM 35 manpack, a pair of PRC=10s, a CPRC-26 and an RT-70. No MV's yet, workin on it.

pvtjorge

I sold all my Ham stuff some yrs back when I got disinterested in ham radio. I kept my tower, a dummy load and a electronic keyer that I built. I let my license expire too. I retook the General test last year. So now I'm KE5ZXF. I haven't bought any radios yet.

Last edited:

Capriceii

KB8QIE here, My 109 is not home yet but it will be getting a radio right after it gets heat in the cab:) Any one here have any suggestions for head sets not only for radio interface but person to person comms?

wsucougarx

I'm using USGI components in my M109A3. I am using the VIC-1 Intercom system for in vehicle comms and USGI RT-524a/VRC and RT-246a/VRC for vehicle to vehicle comms

rhinob

KB8QIE here, My 109 is not home yet but it will be getting a radio right after it gets heat in the cab:) Any one here have any suggestions for head sets not only for radio interface but person to person comms?
I used Sennheiser noise canceling headsets and a portable aircraft intercom w/MP3 input in the M818. Good stuff. :)

Last edited:

timass1

I'VE BEEN LOOKING A SIGTRONICS PORTABLE AVIATION INTERCOM,THIS WOULD REQUIRE AVIATION HEADSETS THOUGH BUT i HAVE ACCES TO TWO OF THEM. i GOT REQUEST INTO PAPCOM FOR A VIC-1 SETUP. THE SIGTRONICS LOOKS NICE AND IT IS RESONABLY PRICED PLUS ITS PORTABLE. tHE ONY MOD. WOULD BE TO MAKE AN INTERFACE FOR THE RADIO FROM THE TWO JACKS ON THE SIGTRONICS AVIATION RADIO JACK PLUGS.

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check in from Birmingham, AL

K6RWJ - Birmingham, AL

Got lots of ham gear and some Military Rigs, been a ham since '94 when i was in the army.. i restore lots of old tube gear to keep busy...

Mil Rigs..

RT524
R442
2 - PRC77

Lots of Antennas too..

Anyway im interested in any military nets i can hit in this area, monitor 51.00 FM nearly 24/7..

My truck is an M37 although the radios work better than it does now!! Ive started attending the rallys, look for a big red / white motorhome with an Alabama "A" on the side...

Chris.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back from taking the Extra Class license exam - passed with 90% score, so now my call sign is KI4JSC/AE. Plan to get a vanity call sign someday in the Spring when hopefully things look up on the job front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks