• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HanksDeuce.com - 1970 M35A2 W/W

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't send a message to Hank but I would like to know what type of turn signal lever he has. I have attached the best photo I could get off his website. Anyone know anything about this switch?

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, it's one of 3 styles of signal switch used in M series trucks. They are all interchangable.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can't send a message to Hank but I would like to know what type of turn signal lever he has. I have attached the best photo I could get off his website. Anyone know anything about this switch?
It's just a newer switch made by another vendor. Same operation, plug, etc.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info on the switch. Anyone know who sells that type of switch? I have never seen it advertised by any vendors. Sorry Hank. Don't mean to get off topic.

HanksDeuce

Updates as of 06/14/11:
- replaced the D turbo with a C turbo "whistler" (drilled manifold and put a plug while waiting to buy an ISSPRO boost/pyro gauge)
- removed the cargo cover, hoops, bows, etc. and put them in storage
- mounted two fog lights on the front bumper
- mounted a front bumper step
- mounted a trailer hitch to tow my civvy trailers

If you look closely in one of the pics you'll see my other "toy". :D See sig for the website on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

HanksDeuce

Well, I fixed my "overheating" problem with Isabell. From the time I bought her (03.04.11) until now the temp gauge would take some time to hit 200 F and after a period of driving it would creep to 230 F and stay there. She never used or leaked a drop of coolant. I never heard gurgling noises. The radiator could be touched by hand. I tried testing the sender per the TM, but I could not get any resistance readings.

Fast forward to yesterday. My new coolant temp gauge and sender arrived from Erik's Military Surplus. I swapped the gauge and sender out for the new ones. I opened the radiator cap and topped off the coolant (not much needed at all). I hit the road and periodically looked at the coolant temp gauge. The weather was overcast and driving at 45-50 mph Isabell never hit above 165-170 F.

Today I took Isabell out for a drive in the hot sun. Mild traffic in the city and I drove 50-55 mph. The coolant temp never hit above 175-180 F. I'm very happy now.

Next up is the installation of my ISSPRO Turbocator exhaust gas temperature gauge (pyrometer) / boost gauge. Pictures to follow!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks