• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HanksDeuce.com - 1970 M35A2 W/W

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't send a message to Hank but I would like to know what type of turn signal lever he has. I have attached the best photo I could get off his website. Anyone know anything about this switch?

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, it's one of 3 styles of signal switch used in M series trucks. They are all interchangable.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can't send a message to Hank but I would like to know what type of turn signal lever he has. I have attached the best photo I could get off his website. Anyone know anything about this switch?
It's just a newer switch made by another vendor. Same operation, plug, etc.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info on the switch. Anyone know who sells that type of switch? I have never seen it advertised by any vendors. Sorry Hank. Don't mean to get off topic.

HanksDeuce

Updates as of 06/14/11:
- replaced the D turbo with a C turbo "whistler" (drilled manifold and put a plug while waiting to buy an ISSPRO boost/pyro gauge)
- removed the cargo cover, hoops, bows, etc. and put them in storage
- mounted two fog lights on the front bumper
- mounted a front bumper step
- mounted a trailer hitch to tow my civvy trailers

If you look closely in one of the pics you'll see my other "toy". :D See sig for the website on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

HanksDeuce

Well, I fixed my "overheating" problem with Isabell. From the time I bought her (03.04.11) until now the temp gauge would take some time to hit 200 F and after a period of driving it would creep to 230 F and stay there. She never used or leaked a drop of coolant. I never heard gurgling noises. The radiator could be touched by hand. I tried testing the sender per the TM, but I could not get any resistance readings.

Fast forward to yesterday. My new coolant temp gauge and sender arrived from Erik's Military Surplus. I swapped the gauge and sender out for the new ones. I opened the radiator cap and topped off the coolant (not much needed at all). I hit the road and periodically looked at the coolant temp gauge. The weather was overcast and driving at 45-50 mph Isabell never hit above 165-170 F.

Today I took Isabell out for a drive in the hot sun. Mild traffic in the city and I drove 50-55 mph. The coolant temp never hit above 175-180 F. I'm very happy now.

Next up is the installation of my ISSPRO Turbocator exhaust gas temperature gauge (pyrometer) / boost gauge. Pictures to follow!