• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Happy day, M1123 arrived today, question on fuel line

Action

I was ordering a bunch of other stuff today, so I went ahead and ordered the quick connect fittings. Even though it looks like it's leaking from above the quick connect point, I think it might just be creeping up there more than flowing down. With the fan pushing air and flinging stuff everywhere, there's no telling. It should be a fun fix.

Besides the 2 leaks, the only other issues I've found on the truck so far is the window washer pump and the seat belts. I need to confirm whether it's the pump switch or the motor, but I think it's the motor because I can hear the wiper motor strain just slightly when I hit the washer button. The seat belts won't unlock, I'll get some new ones if I can't work them loose.

I also need to do something with the batteries. They put 2 brand new "deka" batteries in the truck and they certainly work, but they don't fit in the trays properly. I hate to trash 2 new batteries, but I also don't like the idea of poor mounting. I have the original hold down bracket, but none of the hardware (J-hooks?) to clamp the bracket down. I had already budgeted for new tires and batteries, so I might just bite the bullet and get the proper batteries.
I have seen coins get dropped into the female seatbelt latch, causing latch and unlatch problems. It may be that simple to fix.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GETER running and come to the MV gathering in Bryan at the end of next month!

blutow

GETER running and come to the MV gathering in Bryan at the end of next month!
I think I have a decent shot of having it roadworthy by then, but doubtful my SF97 will be done.

I pulled the trigger on 4 new tires today along with a bunch of parts to sort out all the known issues (wipers, mirrors, hood bumpers, seat bases, CDR, etc.) . Tires were my biggest budget item behind the top/door kit, but they ended up about $500 less than what I was planning. I explained to my wife how much money I "saved" on the tires. I'm a constant source of entertainment for her... I'm off on vacation for the next week and should have enough parts waiting for me when I get home to stay busy for a while.