• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard door striker for hard doors

revhrd

Is there a good source to get a complete set that contains the door strikers, shims and backplates? The bolts/nuts are common enough but I have looked a several vendors and no one seems to have the shins and backplates. There also seems to be a lot of the aftermarket strikers and would prefer an own setup.

Attachments

sgtmike3

When we were switching doors on the M998 for the department we could not find any anywhere. We ended up fabricating our own. Good luck with your search. I don't have the plans anymore but can send pics if you want to go that route.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Autonomy_Lost

MAC Motors has OEM rear strikers, but no fronts.

I didn't even know about the shims, what are they for? Is it just for making adjustments, or are they always used?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shims not required on standard X doors.
Door strykers all over EEEBay
A real set of fronts for 25 pair:
M998 HMMWV HUMVEE NOS 2 EACH X DOOR HARD DOOR STRICKERS 12339385

revhrd

When we were switching doors on the M998 for the department we could not find any anywhere. We ended up fabricating our own. Good luck with your search. I don't have the plans anymore but can send pics if you want to go that route.

I guess I'll get some strikers from ebay, and use them as templates for the shim and the backplate since it seems they are the same shape. It looks like the nuts are spot welded onto the backplate. Not a big deal but was hoping to have it all ready.

revhrd

Shims not required on standard X doors.
Door strykers all over EEEBay
A real set of fronts for 25 pair:
M998 HMMWV HUMVEE NOS 2 EACH X DOOR HARD DOOR STRICKERS 12339385
Just to verify, the NOS ones are not all flat strikers they have that wider part on top, like a bolt, right?

Action

Shims are not used front or rear for regular x-doors. The nutplate is only on rears.
Aren’t those drawings for m1114? Look at the long piano door hinge in diagram.
Use the correct diagram / parts list for your application.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are two styles of strikers and as far as I know they are interchangeable, I think the second one is preferred but not sure why, I have both styles on my two M998 and the second style snags my clothing more .
Striker1.jpg
sriker2.jpg
I am not using back plates or shims on ether.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was told by MAC motors the new design (assuming the one with flats on the ends) is to prevent door rattle.
That's hilarious
Edit, it is obvious what they are trying to do is to keep the door latch from moving off of the end of the striker during extreme body flex (as in you wrecked it) to keep the doors from popping open, properly installed nothing is going to be touching the "knob" at the end during normal operation, so it would have no effect on rattles whatsoever.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks