• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard downshifting? Really? Or is it you?

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can do that i have messed with that b4 I thought i had a issue with the accelertor pedal being very hard to press. it was like doing calf raises in a gym just to drive down the road. Well thank you for giving me a the rpm speed I will look after work tomorrow I will post what i find thanks again

Put some Wd-40 or something better to lube up the wire cable for the foot pedal. It will make the pedal easer to press.

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the spring that pulls the throttle back to idle is stretched or weak i can move it by hand my rpm's go to 500-550. I repositioned the spring to a diff location it seemed to help, I will have to try to find a new one. I did not get a chance to drive it tonight but i moved it around in the drive way. it didn't seem to lunge. I will take it out over the weekend and see what happens. I did disc the accelerator pedal from the cable to try to lubricate it I can get the bottom pin out with out mangling the end of it. so i sprayed it with PB Blaster and worked it around. the cable that connects to the pedal is still hard to push even by hand with out the pedal connected I will look at that tomorrow and see if i can lube or grease anything there. I will post my new findings thanks for the help guys. I am new to all this but i love the truck so thanks again for your patience