• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard top Vs. soft top

Welder Sam

i have both. i like both. i went topless for the first time today. love it. was in the low 80's. engine heat was still a factor at 50mph. sure was nice tho. dunno that i have a prefferance. sorry. since my soft top is shot tho, im going to put a hard top on with a skeleton rear vertical frame instead of the full skinned rear. the oven effect is a killer for sure but..

seabeeut

Were can a guy get a canvas or vinyl top in the Mid South?
There are several good places that make the canvas tops I just got a new OEM
one from memphis equipment that was only 50$ more than the companys that make them to order but it was on the shelf and in my hands in 4 days compared
to 4 to 6 weeks from the other places.
Clark truck parts had the 383 green vinly insulated tops for 150 a few weeks ago.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally I will vote TOPLESS any time/anywhere but when it comes to a Deuce I would go hardtop since this would be indigenous to my region.

In Michigan 1 hour its sunny and dry the next it's hailing or rain. Also with the weight of the snow its more practical.

Last edited:

m816

Hard top or soft top, it makes no diference to me. Hard top is better with the snow but going topless in the hot sun if you are hung up in traffic is a bear as well. The trucks were hot they are hot today and will always be hot,loud and a lot of times smokey, that is why we love 'em

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks