• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hardtop question

MARDET

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I bought a used hardtop for my M925A2. It is in OK shape and will require some TLC. My question is....The insulation foam that is on the inside, can I coat that with Rustoleum leak seal or should I strip out the dry rotting foam? My thoughts are if it takes to the leak seal well then it will provide that much more sound and weather insulation. I guess that may equate to just putting lipstick on a pig though. Thoughts please?

MARDET

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah....I got to thinking about that and it being a host for moisture. Think I will strip it, apply primer then do a quick shot of the rubber. I am doing the inside and outside of the top so the outside will be wire wheeled, primed and painted fresh as well. I am in south gulf coast TX so moisture is a constant. After the thin coat of rubber on the inside cures I will get me a couple isomats (we called em B---hmats...as proud 03 Lancecoolys...eyes roll). Should be able to adhere them after all cures.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks