• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone gutted a N3135 regulator?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My next project. I want to see how to gut and replace innards with working parts. Before I start, I want to see if anyone else has done it.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not, I have however gutted and repaired several different potted modules in the past. I used Acetone, unfortunately it will also remove some of the component markings, electrolytic capacitors that have a plastic sleeve over them for one thing. Sometimes you can"read" the component as it starts to come out of the potting material, keep good notes.
Usually I would use basic knowledge of the circuit voltages and the physical size of the capacitor to "take a guess" has worked so far.
Keep us posted!!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did just look at one of my regulators, it has a rather "soft" potting material, it could be silicone based, I have no idea how you would go about de-potting something like that.
I too am waiting for an update!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just received a bad 200Amp regulator from Beltfed34 Austin.

Gonna start dissecting it. Trip to Commiefornia to finish work on the M1165 will interrupt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks