• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone gutted a N3135 regulator?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My next project. I want to see how to gut and replace innards with working parts. Before I start, I want to see if anyone else has done it.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not, I have however gutted and repaired several different potted modules in the past. I used Acetone, unfortunately it will also remove some of the component markings, electrolytic capacitors that have a plastic sleeve over them for one thing. Sometimes you can"read" the component as it starts to come out of the potting material, keep good notes.
Usually I would use basic knowledge of the circuit voltages and the physical size of the capacitor to "take a guess" has worked so far.
Keep us posted!!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did just look at one of my regulators, it has a rather "soft" potting material, it could be silicone based, I have no idea how you would go about de-potting something like that.
I too am waiting for an update!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just received a bad 200Amp regulator from Beltfed34 Austin.

Gonna start dissecting it. Trip to Commiefornia to finish work on the M1165 will interrupt.