• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The lever on the T-case is probably the control linkage for the sprague. You guys remember not all trucks are air shift right?

Got an pics, OP?

If your talking one of the disc conversions for the deuce, again no the factory dodge ram system will not work. Too little volume of fluid being moved to supply all four discs. Also the factory ram setup is front disc, rear drum. That is two different size chambers inside the the factory master cylinder. Sorry to tell you but the stock dodge ram setup is for little brakes, not ones twice their size.

catlin

Like I stated in an earlier post, the second plunger that I'm referring to is not for the PTO, the PTO has its own lever that is directly on the PTO that comes out of the drivers side of the PTO.

I agree with gimpyrobb, that its probably to disengage the front sprag. This transfercase is in fact a manual transfercase that does not have air shift...

I still have the non-overdrive 5spd trans, I'll have to verify where the plunger should be in reverse and where it should be in forward gears...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like I stated in an earlier post, the second plunger that I'm referring to is not for the PTO, the PTO has its own lever that is directly on the PTO that comes out of the drivers side of the PTO.

I agree with gimpyrobb, that its probably to disengage the front sprag. This transfercase is in fact a manual transfercase that does not have air shift...

I still have the non-overdrive 5spd trans, I'll have to verify where the plunger should be in reverse and where it should be in forward gears...
The lever on the T-case is probably the control linkage for the sprague. You guys remember not all trucks are air shift right?

Got an pics, OP?
Gimpy is right. The linkage you speak of is to shift the the sprag in the transfer case from forward to reverse when you change gears.

catlin

I'll get under the truck this weekend and get some pics, I also want to take a few pics of the power steering that I put in to get some feedback on.

Thanks spicergear, I've been reading about the Hydromax brake booster and master, it looks like its the way to go. I'm not aware of any place locally to get a used unit, google and eBay haven't helped in finding a used unit either. Does anyone here have a source if used Hydromax units that they would be willing to share?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks