• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2022

ToddJK

Just curious, how long does everybody usually trail ride for? Says Haspin acres is around 750 acres or so, which is decent size. I see this one and the
Rausch Creek Offroad Park listed as well. I'm wanting to attend at least one of these but IN is much closer to me than PA, which is like a 14hr drive for me vs 4-6hrs.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious, how long does everybody usually trail ride for? Says Haspin acres is around 750 acres or so, which is decent size. I see this one and the
Rausch Creek Offroad Park listed as well. I'm wanting to attend at least one of these but IN is much closer to me than PA, which is like a 14hr drive for me vs 4-6hrs.
Different groups go out multiple times during the day and night. You can always find someone to go out with.

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How might one go about RSVP’ing? Any details on accommodations?
There is no need to RSVP. Just show up and sign the waiver and pay the entrance fee to get your wrist band. If you're on a quad or bike (or mower!) you need a helmet but that's about it. The trails are supposed to be closed at 10 PM but that is loosely enforced at most, as long as you are already out on the trails beforehand. There is a designated campground (no power / water unless you provide it yourself, but there are bathrooms at the main office) but you can also camp out along a trail if you want. You're slightly less likely to have a drunk moron on a quad run through your tent at 4 AM in the campground... slightly... There is at least one small hotel place in Laurel but most of us camp at Haspin in one form or another.

71DeuceAK

There is no need to RSVP. Just show up and sign the waiver and pay the entrance fee to get your wrist band. If you're on a quad or bike (or mower!) you need a helmet but that's about it. The trails are supposed to be closed at 10 PM but that is loosely enforced at most, as long as you are already out on the trails beforehand. There is a designated campground (no power / water unless you provide it yourself, but there are bathrooms at the main office) but you can also camp out along a trail if you want. You're slightly less likely to have a drunk moron on a quad run through your tent at 4 AM in the campground... slightly... There is at least one small hotel place in Laurel but most of us camp at Haspin in one form or another.
Thanks for the info. Might need to find/bring some camping gear.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also one hotel in Connersville right along the road that leads to Laurel from the north.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have driven through Connersville (town north of Laurel) 4 times this week and we saw another hotel on IN44 called Grey Haven. Old style motel and small. I doubt I could put truck and trailer in there if the lot was full.

Reviews improved after it was taken over by new management. Easy to get to from Laurel. Straight up IN121 to the CVS and turn left and it is out about a mile on right.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know I'm late to the thread, If you guys need questions answered real time, PM me a phone number and I'll call you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks