• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin Acres Fall 2017 Rally info thread

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Donnerwetter, you bought a smaller ride, and I bought a bigger one! Like you, ownership is counted in days (under a week), and it's not ready for the road yet. Only the one on the left is coming to Haspin with me.

Attachments

Last edited:

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on bringing the 5 ton and the humvee. I will be out Saturday morning. I will have open seats and would be happy to have passengers, just let me know.

20170916_143858.jpg

212sparky

Unfortunately no I haven't bought new bolts yet. Doubt it will happen before haspin..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
What are the specs on the bolts you need? I have a connection, they will be black oxide coated structural A325 but the price is right on them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are the specs on the bolts you need? I have a connection, they will be black oxide coated structural A325 but the price is right on them.

I believe 1in diameter and 2.5 in in length grade 5 or 8 I would need 60 and that would be great

212sparky

I believe 1in diameter and 2.5 in in length grade 5 or 8 I would need 60 and that would be great

Bolts, lock washers and nuts? Can do A325 is a stronger grade 5. Can do, probably have them wednesday.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on leaving tomorrow morning. Does anyone need me to bring them anything? when is everyone else showing up?

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Donnerwetter and me are hitting the trails. Don't see anyone else in the main camp yet.

212sparky

It is looking like I won't be able to make it this year. Have fun and stay safe, can't wait to see the pitures!

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason bought a HMMWV...

I think this should be Jason's new SS profile picture:

IMG_1058.jpg

YES, YOU CAN HIGH CENTER A HMMWV!

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I helped him out of his situation. This was a pretty cool crest at the top of a hill climb. I went over it and could tell it felt pretty knarly but you couldn't see it while you were driving. I didn't know how bad of a drop it was until I had to go back to help Jason. MAA got some video of this recovery and some other HMMWV fun that he should be posting to Youtube soon with links on here.

IMG_1056.jpgIMG_1057.jpg

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Substitute GIMP

We were missing Gimp so MAA decided to play his role. He's not afraid to throw his deuce just about anywhere, but he does complain about not having power steering!

IMG_1047.jpgIMG_1049.jpgIMG_1050.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks