• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin Acres Fall 2017 Rally info thread

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trail pic

Just a picture of us following each other around. I have some short videos but I will have to upload them later.

IMG_1040.jpg

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter

212sparky

Looks like it was a great event! I can wait till I can walk again and be at the June event!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a pretty small gathering, but that gave us more trail exploration time. The first day I was really rough on my Blazer, and none of us thought to take pictures of the carnage. (Heat of the moment stuff). I bashed a tree on a steep hill climb, almost flipped, got stuck in a muddy rut, etc. All of this was done without backup earlier Friday. Getting unstuck was the worst (no winch, just lots of rocks, branches, and perseverance got us out).

I need to get better at taking pictures and video. I just get wrapped up in driving and don't stop to think about what would look cool on here. We need a videographer to ride along with us next time!

The group may have been small but the fun was large. With 6 members and 2 guests, we perfectly filled Shrapnel's CUCV and Galaxie's Humvee. Those two could go well beyond the limitations of the big trucks and the ride was impressive. I can't imagine anyone left there without a smile. June is a long way off...IMG_7356.jpgIMG_7362.jpgIMG_7366.jpgIMG_7368.jpgIMG_7381.jpgIMG_7382.jpgIMG_7394.jpg

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet! Camera didn't do too bad for how dusty it was and the vibrations it had to be dealing with on the hood of my truck.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet! Camera didn't do too bad for how dusty it was and the vibrations it had to be dealing with on the hood of my truck.
Ya I thought the same. I need to get a new lens tho because it looks to have a smudge in the video and I found a small scratch lol but does the job. I love the look of your m1009 on top of that climb just peeking the hood from the previous pictures. Looks awesome

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe that can be my new job in exchange for free rides. Your camera of course. Looks like you guys had a great time and I plan on visiting in June.
It was a pretty small gathering, but that gave us more trail exploration time. The first day I was really rough on my Blazer, and none of us thought to take pictures of the carnage. (Heat of the moment stuff). I bashed a tree on a steep hill climb, almost flipped, got stuck in a muddy rut, etc. All of this was done without backup earlier Friday. Getting unstuck was the worst (no winch, just lots of rocks, branches, and perseverance got us out).

I need to get better at taking pictures and video. I just get wrapped up in driving and don't stop to think about what would look cool on here. We need a videographer to ride along with us next time!

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We really missed you, Dave! It just didn't feel right with only one Dave in the group (we usually like to keep at least 3 Dave's on hand at a minimum!). The Dave's are also pretty much the only ones brave enough to ride with me through the rough stuff...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks