• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you ever heard of no EUC required?

Dukeman

I was the successful bidder on a M931 yesterday! I'm so excited. Purchased a M48 (built from M35) from a member here back in May of this year. Great truck, drove it down from Utah to NM, sadly the 2-1/2 ton has its limitations in the deep sand. So we decided to look at a 5 ton and a few come up selling right in my back yard, Santa Fe New Mexico only 55 miles up the road. I missed out on 6 that sold two weeks ago and tried again yesterday and snagged one. So I called GL this morning because the information in the bid said pick up must be made within 10 days of purchase. I wanted to find out how I would do that when it takes so long to get a EUC cleared. They said no EUC required. I mean, I know this is the Wild West out here in the desert but I can't believe what they are telling me. This is my first GL purchase by the way. I can pick up any time within 10 days of payment, which should hit my credit card today. Have you ever heard of that?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
For some reason a most if not all of the M931 tractors have been coming up w/o an EUC. Cargo trucks, not so lucky.

Dukeman

Well then, I'm even more excited. Guess I better get to reading what I'm going to need to bring in the way of fluids, batteries for sure, oh, and how to start the dang thing. Wow, I just didn't think it could be that easy.

Motorcar

A bunch of 931's were pulled and re-listed as NO EUC required a couple weeks ago, seems the way they are going on those to clear out the stock. Buddy of mine got one last week and GL has been calling him wanting to set up the time to get it gone.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I have noticed a few trucks without an EUC. I have also had a truck before with an euc that hadn't cleared yet and they let me pick it up anyways. Is your m48 the solid green one at Elephant Butte?

I have bought2 M931 tractors and one M931A1 tractor, none required EUC. My M936 Wrecker did require
the EUC. Which tractor did you get in Santa Fe? I was thinking about them and did place low bids but decided
with four tractors I'd rather wait and get something else, M923/M925/M929 etc.

Dukeman

yes fsearls, I know your pictures of course, I see your trucks there all the time. Yeah we had to step up, you know how deep the sand is getting down there now. The deuce pulls my 27' fifth wheel around just fine, but we also have a 35' in our group and the old lady just isn't enough. We are going down again soon, my name is Rick if you see me make sure and say hi. Hey, I'm trying to get a parade of vehicles organized for the Holiday light parade down there in December. Light up your truck and drive around with me.

Rick

Dukeman

OLCI, I got the tan one with 41,000 miles on it. The tractor works great for us because we really only use it to tow our fifth wheels and boats down to lakeside at Elephant Butte. Hooks right up to the RV 5'er hitch. I bid on a few last go-round a couple weeks ago, but they got up beyond my range. The two that went yesterday were at least somewhat reasonable. Yeah, you have a lot of trucks. Don't get down your way very often.

Last edited:

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on your new truck, I really like your m48 as well. You are going to be amazed at how much better a five ton does in the sand. I will be at the lake this weekend, so hopefully I will see you around and my name is Ferrell. If you ever are looking to put super singles on you duece or five ton let me know. I have alot of tires and rims.

Dukeman

Ok Ferrell, good to meet you and good to know. I won't be down there until the end of Sept. now. But if I change my mind and get down there I will let you know.

OLCI, I got the tan one with 41,000 miles on it. The tractor works great for us because we really only use it to tow our fifth wheels and boats down to lakeside at Elephant Butte. Hooks right up to the RV 5'er hitch. I bid on a few last go-round a couple weeks ago, but they got up beyond my range. The two that went yesterday were at least somewhat reasonable. Yeah, you have a lot of trucks. Don't get down your way very often.
Yeah, both of those trucks looked good. I liked the fact the had the mud flap kits on them. And they had them driving around in the videos, thats always a big plus. And yours has the hard top iI remember correctly. And yes I am a hard core OD junkie!

Last edited:

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you fellas don't mind much if I jump in briefly to shamelessly hijack the thread. Ferrell, I am looking for singling out my newly aquired deuce. I am interested in tires if you got them.

Back to your thread, I go up there for the holiday parades in December. It would be cool to see a bunch of MV,s decorated and cruising around. Have you done this before? If you have, I must have missed it. I am Vick from El Paso.

Dukeman

yeah mine said it has a hard top. I'm scheduled for pick up Thursday at noon. Can't wait!

I emailed the Elephant Butte Chamber of Commerce in May and asked them about doing a military vehicle parade in conjunction with the December boat parade. I told them I would take the reigns and organize it. They sounded interested at the time but have not contacted me since. I think it would be a great idea and a ton of fun. We could even raise some money like the rest of the people there and could decide on a cause like wounded warriors. I'm going to contact them again, would you be interested Vick?