• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hawker batteries

corvette9

Whats the deal with Hawker batteries? Are they a gel type battery? Is there anything you need to do diff. to charge them?

I ask because the 5 ton cargo I bought last week is now home. It is an RR rebuild done 11/11. The truck is like new. The batteries are fine and it started right up yesterday in 20 degree weather. I lifted the seat to check out the batteries and they are all Hawkers. These batteries have some great cranking power. I just don't know anything about them.

Brian G.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought two new NAPA Commercial for one of the Deuces this morning. $280 including tax.

1175CA Group 31.

Might be nice to have Hawkers but I like money.

Jeepsinker

I've gotten a bunch of bad hawker batteries lately. I have four on a desulfating cycle right now as a matter of fact and not sure they will pull through.

Csm Davis

Great battery but only if you can get them at right price. I have a 2001 that's still kicking strong but you must charge them as there site recommends and they are a AGM type battery.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
They are agm. It's glass mat it's like an optima battery. If they are dead you can give them a 20 amp charge for 20-30 hours. They may not even appear to start taking a charge for the first day. I have had ones from 2004 that still worked fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks