• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hawker batteries

corvette9

Whats the deal with Hawker batteries? Are they a gel type battery? Is there anything you need to do diff. to charge them?

I ask because the 5 ton cargo I bought last week is now home. It is an RR rebuild done 11/11. The truck is like new. The batteries are fine and it started right up yesterday in 20 degree weather. I lifted the seat to check out the batteries and they are all Hawkers. These batteries have some great cranking power. I just don't know anything about them.

Brian G.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought two new NAPA Commercial for one of the Deuces this morning. $280 including tax.

1175CA Group 31.

Might be nice to have Hawkers but I like money.

Jeepsinker

I've gotten a bunch of bad hawker batteries lately. I have four on a desulfating cycle right now as a matter of fact and not sure they will pull through.

Csm Davis

Great battery but only if you can get them at right price. I have a 2001 that's still kicking strong but you must charge them as there site recommends and they are a AGM type battery.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
They are agm. It's glass mat it's like an optima battery. If they are dead you can give them a 20 amp charge for 20-30 hours. They may not even appear to start taking a charge for the first day. I have had ones from 2004 that still worked fine.