• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heated Seats?

Flat Black

seat heaters are readily available online and from wrecking yards. A friend who does custom upholstery installs them regularly. Very simple really, just a "mat" with inductive heating elements installed under the seat covering material. Plug them into 12 volts and there is a rheostat type of control for power/temp level.

goldneagle

Do they make kits that work for 24volts? That is the problem, I'm not that big on converts... I sort of want the simplest system possible. I also want it water proof... Yes I still want to be able to go into 30 plus inches of water and have my seats work as well.
Buy some bucket immersion heaters and some fire extinguishers.

Or run the exhaust pipe under the seat..

Or run the heater hoses under the seat...

Sterno can under the seat?

:nothingfunny:

colelkhunter

I can tell you that after driving 5 hours in the teens in a deuce with no heat, anything is a welcome change. Guy I bought it from said" there will be enough heat coming out of the floorboards to keep you warm".......well there was heat coming from the firewall and through the floor. Problem was the gaps in the window seals and the soft top let more cold air in than the heat produced. I froze my wiener off, even with carharts and gloves. 15.00 mr heater propane head with a small cylinder will make a deuce cab nice and toasty in under a minute. It will even heat the seats.:p

colelkhunter

I also think Big Girl panties are required for operating any military vehicle in the winter without a heater. You just have to suck it up and drive on. every little electrical contraption that you add to one of these trucks leaves an avenue for something to go wrong, and according to my perpetual co-pilot Mr. Murphy. It will.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks