• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater blower motor

BobM

OK< I searched and couldn't find out which blower motor that I need. I found confirmation that there are two blower motors for the 1008 trucks heaters. Napa lists one with the big heater and one with the smaller heater. Which is the right one for our trucks? I hate to pull the motor since there is a winter storm warning this weekend and the local NAPA only has the blower motor for the big heater in stock.:roll:
Does anyone know which blower motor I need?

m38inmaine

The part number is 3058097, not sure if they can cross the number or not. I have bought one there before and I had to return the fiirst one as it was wrong, sorry it was a while ago and I don't have the NAPA number.

BobM

Let 'er snow! I got a working fan!
For anyone else that needs a blower motor, it IS the heavy duty heater and the blower motor part # from NAPA is 655-1076. And if I didn't have such fat fingers, it would be an easy install.:roll:

BobM

Would that be the same motor that's on a deuce heater which is installed on the fender??? If so I'll see the Napa man!!!

Anybody know?

Thanks in advance.
Nope as CARNAC said,"Not even close"!
The NAPA number is 655-1076. I think I paid $20 with tax. It sure blows more air now. And with a new thermostat, it will run you out of the cab!;-)

rfischba1

Be carefill, I had the same problem blower moter and switch were bad, can on sometimes, then drivine home on a cold dard night, the switch blew out and shorted out the moter, lost all power, engine died. Had to replace both moter and fan switch , it was fried.

Stihl029

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here.

I have been having an issue with not enough airflow in my m1028 with winter heating kit, missing the cab/battery heater and a loop back with the long ducting. I have replaced my blower motor, the switch and the resistor pack. At high I get what should be low and it only gets worse and worse from there. I am in Kodiak and well its snowing. I usually plug my truck in in the evening with a block heater and a cab heater on to keep it ready and dry should I have to head out in the middle of the night and it will also be ready in the morning.

So one of my friends who has a m1028 as well with the same set up. Recently he had his original motor go out as well he always said the heater could chase you out of the cab even up here. Well he replaced his blower motor with one of the 655-1076 from napa and is having the same issue as I with the lack of air flow.

Has anyone else had this problem or similar problem? We're in Alaska here and kinda require heat for the better part of 8 months or more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Andy

BobM

I'm assuming that you replaced the motor, switch and resistor because you were having a lack of airflow. I would guess from this that you have a plugged heater core or duct work that is restricting the airflow. Them pesky varmits have a nasty habit of making nests in unwanted areas like this. I know it will be a pain, but I'd suggest taking the inside heater housing off and seeing if the problem isn't there.
BUT if you HAD good airflow before, then I'd suggest checking to see what voltage you are getting to the blower motor. Remember that this part of the truck is like the civies and uses 12 volt. That is what I'd suggest to your friend.

Of course I've been wrong before too!:oops:

Stihl029

Bob

with mine I started off with unknown amount of airflow as a PO had been running the rig into the ground. corrosion had taken its toll on part of the housing surrounding the blower motor water made its way in and we all know that regular water and electrical motors don't play nice together. So the corroded motor and resistors were replaced due to their poor condition and not working at all. These had caused the switch bad ju-ju and charlie fire happened at the switch. I repaired all that which was damaged and am getting good power at the motor. It has good air flow at the ducting going back into the cab. I have tried to blow it out several times with no joy, if it is a blockage. I just thought that it was odd how two rigs with the same setup were operating the same and my friends did it just from swapping motors. I cannot really state what my friends rig has for power at the motor but I doubt it is bad since his went from one with a bad bearing that blew enough to a new replacement that blows poorly exaclty like mine.

Oh and as for nesting I have not seen any evidence to support that there were vermine running amuck. I do recall quite a few spiders when we brought it in from the cold as well as some webs. well I have been thinking about pulling the dash to chase another gremlin I guess this is as good a reason as any. Maybe it will happen tomorrow on mine.

BobM

Good luck with it. My truck had GREAT heat, but we are a ways south of your position!:)
I agree that your friends motor swap is mysterious. I've swapped many GM blower motors like this and not had any problems. But I have also had a few "brand new" parts that didn't work. It is possible that the old motor messed up his resistors but, if he is getting 12 volts, then I would suspect the new motor.
Keep us informed.

bikeboy

Hello, As strange as this may sound.....Check the "squirrel cage" the fan on the motor, I have already seen new motors that came with the fan and the fins on the new fan were backwards. Also make sure that the polarity at the motor is correct, and it is not spinning backwards. Sounds crazy, but hey....I have seen all kinds of wierd stuff over the years as a mechanic. Hope you get it figured out!! 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks