• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heating a M109

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tac6 I got a new one. I can get pics and a measurement, should be easy to have made. I'll get them later tonight.

stampy

I have to replace the floor in my 109 so I actually looked at radiant flooring. I think it could work a 3 ft X 10ft section of electric radiant is about 150 bucks then add the inverter to put out 1000 watts for 89$ gives you heat and some 110v ac power. Of course the floor thermostat is 150 bucks . So for around 400 +/- you have warm tootsies and extra ac power from your 12v battery and you don't have to worry about asphixiation . Of course I would also have to put in a couple of deep cell 12v batteries and a mutliport switch but if you are camping you probably already need backup power. Still under 800$ for the above heater. Just my 2cents:-D

jesusgatos

Thanks, I've been looking into putting radiant heating under the laminate flooring I'm planning on installing. I need an inverter anyway, so no extra expense there. I'm considering that more of a secondary heat source though. I'd really like to find one of the stock multi-fuel heaters since I'll be living in this full-time and will probably spend a decent amount of time in cold(er) climates.

stampy

Yeah for Oregon I think I would want a backup gas or diesel heater! Hey at least you don't need A/C man it gets hot here in NC

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have decided to sell a new-in-the-box fuel burning heater set-up for the van body on an M109/M185 shop van. I'll take $675 plus shipping. It would be much easier to bring it to Aberdeen if you are coming since the box is big and it is fairly heavy, but I can also ship it via UPS. PM me if interested.

goldneagle

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks