• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heating a M109

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tac6 I got a new one. I can get pics and a measurement, should be easy to have made. I'll get them later tonight.

stampy

I have to replace the floor in my 109 so I actually looked at radiant flooring. I think it could work a 3 ft X 10ft section of electric radiant is about 150 bucks then add the inverter to put out 1000 watts for 89$ gives you heat and some 110v ac power. Of course the floor thermostat is 150 bucks . So for around 400 +/- you have warm tootsies and extra ac power from your 12v battery and you don't have to worry about asphixiation . Of course I would also have to put in a couple of deep cell 12v batteries and a mutliport switch but if you are camping you probably already need backup power. Still under 800$ for the above heater. Just my 2cents:-D

jesusgatos

Thanks, I've been looking into putting radiant heating under the laminate flooring I'm planning on installing. I need an inverter anyway, so no extra expense there. I'm considering that more of a secondary heat source though. I'd really like to find one of the stock multi-fuel heaters since I'll be living in this full-time and will probably spend a decent amount of time in cold(er) climates.

stampy

Yeah for Oregon I think I would want a backup gas or diesel heater! Hey at least you don't need A/C man it gets hot here in NC

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have decided to sell a new-in-the-box fuel burning heater set-up for the van body on an M109/M185 shop van. I'll take $675 plus shipping. It would be much easier to bring it to Aberdeen if you are coming since the box is big and it is fairly heavy, but I can also ship it via UPS. PM me if interested.

goldneagle

Attachments