• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heating a S280

The HUlk

If Gas and electric are out how about wood burning ?
I am in the process of designing an S-280 based camper so I have been giving this topic a bit of consideration. I am leaning toward a gas operated heater which draws oxygen from the outside and vents emmisions to the outside. I'm guessing the RV type mentioned in a previous post would be a target setup. I haven't delved into this yet as that part of my project is off in the future.

All three of the fuel types you mentioned have their pros, cons, and hazards that should be addressed.

-Electric radiant is quiet and convienent. It takes alot of current so shore power or a generator is needed. The hazards are fuel, generator emmisions, and wiring.

-Gas convection is efficient, cleaner burning, and covienient. The hazards are emmisions and fuel.

-Wood radiant gives the best heat in my opinion. It is also high maintenance with removing ash and hauling wood. Hazards are emmisions, hot surfaces, and back problems.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If installed properly, a SHS(shelter heater small) would be the "hot" ticket. I have one and they rock!

As stated earlier, it is a fuel heater that needs combustion gases vented, and/or co2 monitors.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wood has actually crossed my mind. Cheap but messy and you'd have to rig up some sort of flue.

On a side note, Rayzer's camper makes mine look like a homeless shelter. All I'm going to have is a semi-comfortable bed and a place to stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Last edited:

StrykerPerry

I take mine places so far a20# propane tank lasts me a few months in winter with the Mr buddy heater and adapter hose but I have to keep a vent and window open for the co issue but plan to get a vented propane heater to replace it should work great

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks