• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heavy Haul (55K) SC to MI

paradeduty

Looking for a shipper/trucker to pick up a 55K truck (requiring RGN Trailer and probably weight permits) from Fort Jackson, Richland, SC to Chelsea, MI.

GL Auction Pickup - EUC Sent (last one went super quickly in only days) - so I am anticipating easily within a month, possibly quicker.

Any interested parties please contact Dave @ 734-272-2722 for additional info. or leave a PM on the SS site. Thanks.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
PLS.....You got one of my PLS trucks!!!!!!!! I CAN'T HAVE NOTHIN!!!!!!!auaauaaua

Can we borrow it for the GA Rally in OCT. We'll take good care of it (Gimpy not allowed to drive it on the trails).

If you need to get it off post and store it for a while there are some members in Columbia that would be happy to help.

As low profile and as long as the vehicle is I don't think you will need an RGN.

A 53 foot stepdeck wiill get the job done. I think Ray Patton is still hauling.

He is a member of MVPA and hauls a lot of militay vehicles.

Don't know if weight would be a factor with him.

Ray Patton Trucking, Ray Patton, Hillsville, VA
Owner/Operator with Over 20 Years of Over-the-Road Experience
276/728 - 3292 call for prices and scheduling (leave message)
  • Year Round Hauling
  • ICCMC DOT Authority and Insured
  • Trustworthy and Dependable Service
  • Air Ride Equipment for a Gentle Ride
  • 48' x 102" Drop Deck Trailer with Approx. 46,000# Capacity
  • Single or Multiple Vehicles per Move
  • One- and Two-way Moves, Long and Short Hauls

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need it off base and stored for a trucker, I can do it! :drool: I live right around the corner from Jackson and have the land to turn it around in.

Stalwart

Good boy Dave! I almost bid on one but the boss reminded me I had to get rid of Stalwarts first, at least she was for it, before she was against it. :cookoo: Perhaps she wanted it for herself, she drives the HEMTT more than I get to. :(

Plus SC to the Left Coast might have been scary expensive!

Chief_919

If you fold the hook down, you should be able to get by with a standard lowboy instead of the RGN.

Pull and check every wheel bearing as soon as you get them home. Those were training aids at the Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, and for the last decade has had the wheel bearings pulled and repacked by students almost every week. You are likely to have some very damaged threads, and possibly dry bearings.

bearboley

Got a exact weight on it my research tells me around 59k I know you said 55k and its close But one I could move the other I can't. I think I could permit it heavy and still axle it on a 48ft step deck but at 59k it wont happen.

Preacherboy

wow paradeduty, you have a lot of cool toys! The electrician business must be doing pretty good for you...

Note to self, if pastoring doesn't work out become an electrician.