• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heavy pulling

area52

Well my M816 is still sitting over in California at 100dollarmans place. I have a few shippers bid on it but none with a winch yet to help load it. One so far has said he could get a drop deck trailer but could not pull it onto the trailer.

The tires are good and hold air, I figure the drop deck has a very slight incline so what do you think could pull it onto the trailer? A deuce? a one ton pickup? two pickups? bunch of guys with some beer on the line?:-D

There are no 5 tons or wreckers that are near ( that I know of) so my options are kinda limited.

Have the trucker drop the trailer and pull it on with his tractor, he will need an extra set of hands. A deuce would also pull it without a problem. I have hired a local recker service for this in the past, about $75.00.

CanadaDeuce

Why does it not run to just load it ? .......... is it a parts truck ?, you would think he would have equipment to load it , throw a old truck tire between them and push it on .

Or if you were in Canada in the snow you could use a Ski doo to pull it on :-D

Sorry had to do that !

CanadaDeuce

dm22630

I figure the drop deck has a very slight incline so what do you think could pull it onto the trailer? A deuce? a one ton pickup? two pickups? bunch of guys with some beer on the line?:-D

Very slight incline?? :? Ummm.....all of my deuces were delivered with a new landall sliding axle semi trailer & it was steep. Here are some pics.

Gooooood luck with a deuce pushing 40,000 pounds up a 20% grade.

I think that you best bet would be to get a track loader to push it up.

2cents

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, uh, I pull started my M62 (with a multifuel) with my 1500 GMC. It also had the brakes locked on it. I don't think it would take too much to load it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, uh, I pull started my M62 (with a multifuel) with my 1500 GMC. It also had the brakes locked on it. I don't think it would take too much to load it.
I agree, unless you're in knee deep snow or mud a deuce should pull/push it on.

area52

Yeah figured it wouldn't be that hard to pull/push onto a drop deck. That Landall has a steeper incline than a drop deck.

Edit: it doesn't run yet, haven't had a chance to go over it and check everything yet.

madsam

I would try to pull start it if it has all the parts to run. Do you know what is missing?

BEASTMASTER

a deuce should'nt weigh more than 7 ton, 14k lds. my 5 ton only weighs 24k lds ,. and i pull it around with my 97 f-250, not very fast but i move it with my towbar.

BEASTMASTER

find a farmer with a tractor, any body with a small wrecker with a 4 ton winch will be able to move it, no problem. i used to pull start a 62 autocar tenwheeler dump truck with my 1966 ford galaxie convert. every morning ,cause the guy was to cheap to get the starter fixed.