• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heavy pulling

area52

Well my M816 is still sitting over in California at 100dollarmans place. I have a few shippers bid on it but none with a winch yet to help load it. One so far has said he could get a drop deck trailer but could not pull it onto the trailer.

The tires are good and hold air, I figure the drop deck has a very slight incline so what do you think could pull it onto the trailer? A deuce? a one ton pickup? two pickups? bunch of guys with some beer on the line?:-D

There are no 5 tons or wreckers that are near ( that I know of) so my options are kinda limited.

Have the trucker drop the trailer and pull it on with his tractor, he will need an extra set of hands. A deuce would also pull it without a problem. I have hired a local recker service for this in the past, about $75.00.

CanadaDeuce

Why does it not run to just load it ? .......... is it a parts truck ?, you would think he would have equipment to load it , throw a old truck tire between them and push it on .

Or if you were in Canada in the snow you could use a Ski doo to pull it on :-D

Sorry had to do that !

CanadaDeuce

dm22630

I figure the drop deck has a very slight incline so what do you think could pull it onto the trailer? A deuce? a one ton pickup? two pickups? bunch of guys with some beer on the line?:-D

Very slight incline?? :? Ummm.....all of my deuces were delivered with a new landall sliding axle semi trailer & it was steep. Here are some pics.

Gooooood luck with a deuce pushing 40,000 pounds up a 20% grade.

I think that you best bet would be to get a track loader to push it up.

2cents

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, uh, I pull started my M62 (with a multifuel) with my 1500 GMC. It also had the brakes locked on it. I don't think it would take too much to load it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, uh, I pull started my M62 (with a multifuel) with my 1500 GMC. It also had the brakes locked on it. I don't think it would take too much to load it.
I agree, unless you're in knee deep snow or mud a deuce should pull/push it on.

area52

Yeah figured it wouldn't be that hard to pull/push onto a drop deck. That Landall has a steeper incline than a drop deck.

Edit: it doesn't run yet, haven't had a chance to go over it and check everything yet.

madsam

I would try to pull start it if it has all the parts to run. Do you know what is missing?

BEASTMASTER

a deuce should'nt weigh more than 7 ton, 14k lds. my 5 ton only weighs 24k lds ,. and i pull it around with my 97 f-250, not very fast but i move it with my towbar.

BEASTMASTER

find a farmer with a tractor, any body with a small wrecker with a 4 ton winch will be able to move it, no problem. i used to pull start a 62 autocar tenwheeler dump truck with my 1966 ford galaxie convert. every morning ,cause the guy was to cheap to get the starter fixed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks