• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from the the best Carolina :)

Carolina1010

Hi guys,
My name is Bruce and I'm the proud new owner of an 84 m1010 in North Carolina
The ol' girl has 7,437 miles showing and I do firmly believe they are the actual miles, on the test drive everything felt good and tight, the tires still have the little nubs on them, im going to check the date code to help confirm. The pedal pads look like 7.5k worth of wear.
She went from the Army to a swat team in SC to a guy here in Fayetteville and now here to me....... is there any way to tell the idle hours on the engine?
This is my first military truck, my first 4x4, my first diesel....... hell, im breaking new ground in all directions !! Lol
I figure being in Fayetteville i couldn't be in a better place to learn about these great old trucks.

Bruce

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi guys,
The ol' girl has 7,437 miles showing and I do firmly believe they are the actual miles, on the test drive everything felt good and tight, the tires still have the little nubs on them, im going to check the date code to help confirm. The pedal pads look like 7.5k worth of wear.
She went from the Army to a swat team in SC to a guy here in Fayetteville and now here to me....... is there any way to tell the idle hours on the engine?
This is my first military truck, my first 4x4, my first diesel....... hell, im breaking new ground in all directions !! Lol
I figure being in Fayetteville i couldn't be in a better place to learn about these great old trucks.

Bruce
Hi Bruce! Welcome from Charlotte, North Carolina!! You have definitely found a band of brothers that love their trucks. I can't say for sure but a lot of these trucks get arbitrary replacements of speedometers or an entire dash cluster. Your actual mileage may vary. (I always wanted to say that to somebody!) Based on the description though, it sounds like you have a peach of a truck!

Post up some pictures of your truck and the rest of us can admire it along with you :)

Tim Mullaney

Carolina1010

Well, not sure i would say peach, lol...... the dash is sun baked into oblivion, and that pretty desert tan paint was done at Mako or some such place i think ( not much of anything taped off)
But she does seem to be a good solid old girl

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well, not sure i would say peach, lol...... the dash is sun baked into oblivion, and that pretty desert tan paint was done at Mako or some such place i think ( not much of anything taped off)
But she does seem to be a good solid old girl

Neat!! I dunno, it looks like a standard military paint job to me. It sat still. It wasn't glass, so it got painted!

Fine looking Truck in my opinion!

DTinNC

Hi guys,

Bruce
Hi Bruce, congrats!
I'm in Wake Forest, NC and I'm waiting on EUC approval from a 94' M1081 in Fayetteville.

I'd love to connect since I'm trying to learn as much as possible. First truck for me as well.

I'm a firearms manufacturer and thinking that Cerakote may be a great coating for restoring parts and pieces.... So far it seems that 2 part Epoxy is what a lot of ppl use on the frames etc.

best regards,
Doug

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats and welcome aboard. Looks like a fine truck to start with. If the electrical system is all stock you may need to look into the "Plan B" method of fixing the typical gremlins. BTW, I could be wrong but unlikely, you have a Navy truck!

Carolina1010

Congrats and welcome aboard. Looks like a fine truck to start with. If the electrical system is all stock you may need to look into the "Plan B" method of fixing the typical gremlins. BTW, I could be wrong but unlikely, you have a Navy truck!
Oohh do tell about the plan b method...... almost sounds like what a young prom queen may need to know about, lol.....
Right now she has a master kill switch in the cab, along with the glow plug button upgrade...wait...... "upgrade"....... I haven't had time to look and see how any of the changes were made, im working 16 hour days right now trying to keep up. After the first I will have a little more normal time to start digging in.

And it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit for the ol' girl to be a navy rig, im ex Navy myself and I've already been looking the navy blue/grey paint codes, lol

Carolina1010

Hi Bruce, congrats!
I'm in Wake Forest, NC and I'm waiting on EUC approval from a 94' M1081 in Fayetteville.

I'd love to connect since I'm trying to learn as much as possible. First truck for me as well.

I'm a firearms manufacturer and thinking that Cerakote may be a great coating for restoring parts and pieces.... So far it seems that 2 part Epoxy is what a lot of ppl use on the frames etc.

best regards,
Doug
In all honesty, my frame, from the quick look I gave it, is spotless, then whole underside of the truck is very clean, im not going to get in to a full blown restoring, just a good sprucing up and let her rip!.....

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oohh do tell about the plan b method...... almost sounds like what a young prom queen may need to know about, lol.....
Right now she has a master kill switch in the cab, along with the glow plug button upgrade...wait...... "upgrade"....... I haven't had time to look and see how any of the changes were made, im working 16 hour days right now trying to keep up. After the first I will have a little more normal time to start digging in.

And it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit for the ol' girl to be a navy rig, im ex Navy myself and I've already been looking the navy blue/grey paint codes, lol
Welcome! Nice looking M1010!

Here is the info on Plan B...

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Looks like you have great condition CUCV and looks to all original condition. Modifying such a truck for adventuring or personal use would be easy. But with such a good specimen I would try to stay as original as possible as these 1010's are getting hard to acquire in original configuration.

Good Luck and take care.

LanceRobson

Bruce, that's a horrible, nasty, vile looking truck and you should be ashamed to own it. Now if you leave the keys in it and send me your address I'll make sure that it doesn't embarrass you anymoe.

Oh, leave the title and registration on the seat.

Really, that's a sharp looking truck. I'd be proud to own it. And welcome from Pinnacle, North Carolina.

Best regards to all,

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks