• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello new to the site , trying to read all the right posts to start with .

71DeuceAK

Wes, I thought that place in Marshfield was just parting out a bunch of 939's, when the price of scrap goes up they get cut up?

Re: the original post, yes, the market is rather high now. An M928A2 is the premium of the crop, XLWB and a winch. I myself would kill for one, but they are pretty expensive, and comparatively rare to begin with. As 98G would confirm the story, I have bid on several M927's at auction but never won, they go big price wise. A lot of farmers removed the bed and put seed/manure spreaders on, what are your planned uses for the truck in case I missed it?

It varies by state, so what I say here might not carry over to you, but a buddy here in Alaska (who is on SS) has a M923 he uses as a farm truck, and has it plated as such, farm plates. Doesn't need a CDL, and can be driven on public roads for farm use, i.e going to get a load of fertilizer.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes, I thought that place in Marshfield was just parting out a bunch of 939's, when the price of scrap goes up they get cut up?

Re: the original post, yes, the market is rather high now. An M928A2 is the premium of the crop, XLWB and a winch. I myself would kill for one, but they are pretty expensive, and comparatively rare to begin with. As 98G would confirm the story, I have bid on several M927's at auction but never won, they go big price wise. A lot of farmers removed the bed and put seed/manure spreaders on, what are your planned uses for the truck in case I missed it?

It varies by state, so what I say here might not carry over to you, but a buddy here in Alaska (who is on SS) has a M923 he uses as a farm truck, and has it plated as such, farm plates. Doesn't need a CDL, and can be driven on public roads for farm use, i.e going to get a load of fertilizer.

Rodney has whole trucks still.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the good , the bad ,the ugly .
I'm good , the truck sold , the price $13,900 .
Oh well .
I jumped on the first truck I found and spent $4000. Then I got patient and the next 8 found me for $1000 each. Keep doing what you're doing, knock down some more doors like those MVPA boys. Some guys keep trucks and don't advertise just waiting for a guy like you to come along to save another truck. Good hunting!
l

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
John Appell has a M923A0 in the classifieds for reasonable price. it is a good looking truck in person.