• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help! Can't start New Deuce!

Capt.Marion

Yeah, starters don't crap out like that. I think you've got a short somewhere. Same thing happened to me with some equipment, although I was stupid and the first thing I did was get a solenoid in the mail and crack open the starter and replace the brushes and everything... when it was just a simple wiring mishap.

Flatlander

What a day! I downloaded and read the TM for Deuce troubleshooting...checked the starter ground for continuity, checked for 24 volts to the starter...everything checked out.

So, I pulled the starter and saw the bendix was hammered. Went to a local repair shop and they rebuilt it in about 30 minutes! Seems the stupid city had the truck wired for 12 volts for a while, and it fried the solenoid. The bendix stuck in the engaged position and wasted the bushing on the end of the thrust rod. No damage to the starter, though. Heavy sucker!

Put the starter back in the truck, put in two fresh batteries, and hit it.

Instant start! Let it run for a little bit, and took her for a spin! Went no more than 10 blocks and got two thumbs up from some of the neighborhood veterans!

The wife has agreed to let me park it at the house! God love her for supporting my habit!

Thanks to all of you for your support and advice, and get ready for some project pics!

m.walker

When he does get to sleep he'll still wake up early to go out and fiddle with it ( everyone shakes their head and goes yep ) ! Cool truck you'll have a blast with it !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks