• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help finding where this light goes.

Oldsouthernboy

I have been working on my M1009 and found a light loose under the dash. It has two wires to it, the bulb is in a round twist in base and is of the bayonet type, push in and twist to lock in. When I pull out the light switch to the first postion it comes onand stay while the lights are on . I am at loss to find where this goes, to short to go across the dash, hangs down under the dash next to STAICE connector. The interior light under the dash works when I adjust the light level on the switch to full right postion. I have checked and replaced the light on the heater contols, only one space for a light and I have a new light bulb in that today. I must be looking over something so darn simple when I find out I will feel real stupid but I am baffled right now.[thumbzup]

Oldsouthernboy

Dang the one place I did not check. when I had the dash apart I did not see a a light to the volt meter, never had a light there at all. Like I said some thing simple and in my face. I will run out and check now. Yep It is the voltmeter light. Raining right now and I do not want to light my self so I will wait untill the morning to put in place. Thanks all. :lost:

Last edited:

Crash_AF

It sounds like the light for the heater controls, the one for the voltmeter isn't a twist-lock it's push in and the bulb is a regular 1/4 turn bulb, not a push in 194 bulb.

Later,
Joe